Skoda VRS front hub bearing press

CrispyEdd

United-Kingdom
HEllo,

Does any know if you need the ''special'' tool for installing a front wheel bearing into the Skoda VRS front hub (for a bigger brake upgrade project)?

THe special tool being the fabled bearing press extractor for the A2 hub that uses the outer race, maybe know as the gen 2 hub tool...

as far as I have been able to tell, apart from the separate brake carrier mounting, the hub castings can be considered interchangeable as far as the bearing tools are concerned, so I would say yes to your question (Gen2 tool) based on what my local mechanic did for the first 310mm set (and will probably do for my second once I've raised the pennies to get the work done).

as far as I have been able to tell, apart from the separate brake carrier mounting, the hub castings can be considered interchangeable as far as the bearing tools are concerned, so I would say yes to your question (Gen2 tool) based on what my local mechanic did for the first 310mm set (and will probably do for my second once I've raised the pennies to get the work done).
Thanks robin that's good news

Back