Slumming it in an A4!

Skipton01

Admin Team
Well, Tank is poorly again and so I'm slumming it in a 2l TDi A4 S-Line!

The little fella refused to go above 2000rpm under load and then promptly cut out and refused to start whilst warm, so he got a tow to SKF in Stockport, where they're performing surgery.

More when I know it!

Cheers,

Mike

Seems to be getting to the point where your spending more time in courtesy cars than the tank.
Do you think its trying to tell you something?

A2Look said:
also the furthest from factory standard :p

Ah, but is it?

Don't forget that most of the mods and additions I've fitted are actually Audi parts, wired in to Audi specifications. The only exceptions to this are the lights at the front.

The extra bhp is admittedly not an Audi mod, but they were ok with me doing it and even suggested the company I use!!

ULP, I did do my own scan and nothing was showing up, except for loads of under-voltages, caused by repeatedly trying to start the car.

All I can think of is the bio-diesel I've been using. Although it is from a pukka petrol station, as opposed to a farmyard somewhere, it could be causing a blocked fuel filter scenario leading to fuel starvation and resulting in a lack of power.

Either that, or the turbo's gone!

But let's look on the bright side eh?

Cheers,
Mike

Mike mate, you cease to amaze me on how you can look the bright side of all these problems with your car :) Doesn't anything get you down? :p

Skipton01 said:
The extra bhp is admittedly not an Audi mod, but they were ok with me doing it and even suggested the company I use!!

ULP, I did do my own scan and nothing was showing up, except for loads of under-voltages, caused by repeatedly trying to start the car.

All I can think of is the bio-diesel I've been using. Although it is from a pukka petrol station, as opposed to a farmyard somewhere, it could be causing a blocked fuel filter scenario leading to fuel starvation and resulting in a lack of power.

Either that, or the turbo's gone!

But let's look on the bright side eh?

Cheers,
Mike

We have a new turbo in ours, it was starting to get noisy. Audi did it with no problems and its much quieter with the new one.

A2Look said:
We have a new turbo in ours, it was starting to get noisy. Audi did it with no problems and its much quieter with the new one.
So, was it a warranty job and was it a '90' turbo?

May get them to have a look at this as mine has always been a bit on the 'gruff' side since new.

Cheers,
Mike

Hi Skipton

Yes, its a 90 turbo. Replaced under warranty. Used to groan when under load, new one whistles nicely when under load now - pleased! :D

Hmmm, might go for a test ride with them on Monday then, cos mine's groaned from new.

I had a nice whistle on the 75bhp A2 turbo, but this one is very different - almost like the moo-ing.

Dealers have confirmed lard in the fuel filter leading to starvation, so looks like I'll be trying to recoup my costs from a certain petrol station in the Ashton-under-Lyne area next week!

Cheers,

Mike

Back