Social Services & Residential care homes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Earl

Past Member
It has now fallen to me to liase with Social Services regarding getting a person into a care home. This person is at present in an acute psychiatric ward of a hospital & has been for about 7 months now. The condition concerned is similar to Parkinsons and Alzheimers - permanent and incurable.

So far this has dragged on far too long with one person having to be admitted to hopsital during the last few days due to the stresses involved.

My question is, does anyone have any knowledge or experience of dealing/fighting with Social Services as I'm going to be doing a hell of a lot of phoning around tomorrow trying to get some answers and results. I just want to know of the best way to go about this.

I've thought about MP's, papers, TV etc but all that takes time. I need quick results

Thanks, Rob

1.4SE petrol in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

Yes!! Got the result I was after. He will have moved 'house' by the end of the week.:D

Oh the relief[^]

1.4SE petrol in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

Glad you've had success Rob, it must have been a trying time.
The care home situation in this country is worsening by the day,and is an absolute disgrace.They are being closed down at an alarming rate,and is a problem that affects us all .We will all become old folks, maybe disabled in one way or another, and need looking after sooner or later. Silly ,petty Government regulations are forcing care homes to be closed too.I have to say that homes can be found ( and the huge sums of money) quite readily for "visitors", but not for our own needy, many who have served our society,it past times.It's upsetting to see loved ones in a care home, frightened and bewildered at the unbelievable prospect of being uprooted.
Regards to everybody. JohnW. 2002 TDI SE.Counting my Blessings.

Thanks John, the 'asylum seeker' was mentioned during my calling around on Monday, along with many other home truths they probably didn't want to hear. I could probably talk for quite a while on the subject but it's probably for the best if we steer away from politics on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back