Soft code of CCM not applying

Karlbar2k

I have tried changing the soft code of my CCM to disable the alarm (as it keeps going off with rear glass break and crash sensor) but it does not seem to be applying? I tried with my third party cable and vagcom but no luck. I then tried last night with the help of a fellow Briskoda member with a proper rosstech hex/can cable and VCDS 11.11 I think it was, but same result. It goes through the motions when you hit "do it" but the soft code remains the same? Things like output tests all ok and no issues running an auto scan (apart from not communicating with the climate module). I know from searching that the CCM is a point of failure and people have sent them to Germany for a fix but is this what is wrong with mine and if so does anyone know what "the fix" actually entails as I am handy with the soldering iron if it is just dry joints?

I thought the coding was done via the adaption channel? I could be wrong though.

Have you looked through elsawin as to the correct value for no alarm. If the value is incorrect it wont accept it.

John

Based on searching I understood it to be remove 8 and 2 so -10 from the existing coding for the alarm to be disabled. I also tried removing just 8 and the same thing happens.

I have a copy of a scan for my car and for address 46 (central convenience) the coding is 06858 - standard for rhd cars with alarm and remote locking.

For rhd vehicles with remote locking but without an alarm the std coding is 06848 (minus 10, which is what you found)

Only thing not clear is that if an alarm is fitted, is there something within the CCM which stops the alarm being coded out. Wonder if you can disconnect the alarm from the CCM then try the re-code.

Something to be aware of - As the Thatcham approved alarm is standard on UK spec cars your insurance company may increase the premium if you de-activate the alarm

Cheers Spike

For ref, CCM repair service is covered here - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?13675-Repair-Service-for-Central-Convenience-Units

Last edited:
ok I have gone through what it will take and it seems that 06848 it likes which equates out as 1101011000000
SO the following applies:

State Bit Dec. Function
OFF 0 1 Great Britain- alarm system (only with bit 4)
OFF 1 2 flash on when arming/unarming alarm system
OFF 2 4 selective locking 1 door/all doors
OFF 3 8 activate alarm system
OFF 4 16 rear unlocking block via speed
OFF 5 32 locking via speed
on 6 64 comfort functions with remote (adapt in ch 62!!)
on 7 128 right side steering
OFF 8 256 avant (glass break sensors in rear side-and rear windows (if error: safe-LED constantly lit ))
on 9 512 1x flash when lock with remote
OFF 10 1024 horn sounds when lock with remote
on 11 2048 door/window-logic ( ignition off: No open doorel. windows works 10 min )
on 12 4096 normal/????-alarm system
so you need to -11 not -10 to deactivate as it would not allow 06849

On the coding list, the function of '1' is - The anti theft alarm is deactivated when deadlock is released deliberately. This must be a non critical feature as this was not part of the coding on my car

Just to reiterate your post -

For other owners wanting to disarm the alarm system they need to know which codes are active then subtract all those relating to the alarm system

In my case the factory coding was 06858 so I would subtract 10 (8+2)

In your case the original coding was 06859 so you would subtract 11 (8+2+1)

Others may have additional features activated in which case their coding will be different but if the code ends in an even number just subtract 10.
If it ends in an odd number, subtract 11

Thanks for working this out as it may be useful for members with alarm problems - in the past several owners have disconnected the battery and left the car unlocked to stop faulty alarms going off randomly at night

Cheers Spike

I recently tried a CCCU adaption for another club member and had exactly the same problem. VCDS appears to apply the change, but then when the CCCU is read, the previous settings are returned. I tried taking the CCCU out and placing it in another car, but got the same result.
The CCCU has now been sent to Audi to see if their diagnostic machines can succeed where I've failed. If they're not successful, I can only imagine that this is another of the many ways in which the CCCU can fail.

Cheers,

Tom

I went through codes from 06859 by taking away 1 at a time just to see if it would take any code at all. Once I knew it would accept a code and that it was not my cable at fault I found the code list from rosstech, checked the binary for my code using calc on scientific mode and took it from there.

I was working off the basis of another thread where they had tried to deduct 8 but it would not work and they followed a German thread and deducted 10 ok. Once I realised my cable was ok I just needed to work out what was enabled and make the change :D

Now I know my cable is good it's time to see why the sunroof doesn't close off the key?

Also does anyone "know" what the CCM fix is? Is it just dry joints or do some components get replaced? If its just dry solder or capacitors then I can do that myself.

Just found out that the fuel flap button is not working? not sure if this is from where I disconnected the CCM or from the soft code change?

A CCM fault can stop the fuel flap working, but additionally the microswitch in the door often fails.

Does the button light up when you open the door, or does it stay dark?

Do the interior lights turn on when you open the drivers door?

HI Mike

It was working fine, but in the course of trying to sort the alarm out I disconnected the CCM and then soft coded it last night so not sure if the unplugging has caused it. I had to resync both keys when I had the CCM out so I guess it could be that. Where do I look for the fuel flap locking button in VagCom?

the lights come on when you open the door and the button does light up. Also the LED on the interior sensor button is lit? But I think that lets you know the alarm is off?

...the lights come on when you open the door and the button does light up. Also the LED on the interior sensor button is lit? But I think that lets you know the alarm is off?

Well, that implies that the microswitch in the door is good (since if the microswitch was bad, then the car would not realise the drivers door is open, and hence not light up the switch). So that's one thing you can rule out.

As well as the CCM, the solenoid which opens the flap sometimes breaks or comes loose. If you unclip the plastic blanking panel behind the rear/offside light cluster, you can see the solenoid (and also, you can manually open the fuel flap this way by pushing down on the vertical shaft *hard*).

I don't know how VDCS interacts with the fuel flap locking button since I don't have it. But I would be surprised to find out that there is a toggle.

I have tried resetting the soft code of the CCM back to 06859 and tested the fuel flap release and no change. I assume it must have freaked out when the CCM was unplugged like the keys? But the question is how is it affected by the CCM? and can it be recoded?

Or is it just a coincidence that it has gone after removing the CCM?

There is no separate coding for the fuel flap.
I'd try re-seating all the CCM connectors and disconnecting the battery for 10min

Cheers Spike

Back