Space box's and spare wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Torquil

Two possibly stupid questions. I have just ordered my A2 but my dealer tells me I can't have sports seats and the space floor box's? Is this correct? Can they be altered to fit. I presume it is the depth that is the problem?

If i order the space saver wheel (no cost) can I then remove it and still have the boot space that takes the rear floor thingy. And can you buy the foam and compressor stuff seperately?

Torquil

1.4Tdi sport Merlot etc on order!!

Hi Torquil,
the information from your dealer may be false. In Germany I have ordered an A2 1.4 Petrol with sport seats and the spacefloor box (known as the multi- box system with an additional middle box extension between front and back seats)[8D]. It works great. There is not a space problem. Only if the frontseat is at the most rear position, the cap of the box can not fully open :(.

That it really works, you can see at European Owner Gallery No. 24.;). There is an picture from the spacefloor box with sport seats (It is my A2).

My answer for the second item: I think, the air fitting system cant ordered at the aftersales market.

Best regards

Alu2000
2003 1.4 SE cobalt-blue with all german packages (HighTech, Advance and Style), winter pack, ABT front design, removable trailer-dock, sport-seats, complete ISOFIX, space-floor-and multibox, OpenSky, GSM an so on ...

Thanks will check out the picture

Torquil

1.4Tdi sport Merlot etc on order!!

I would expect the foam/compressor can be bought "after market" - otherwise what do you do when the foam is used or compressor breaks. You can also get aerosols with the foam in then you do not need the compressor, some Peugeot 206s come with two aerosols and no spare. Beware, use of foam or aerosol = new tyre.

Does anyone know if you get the same compressor with the foam as you get with the space-saver?

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.
Why are all the A2s in Lichfield are silver ? ? ?

Use of foam or aerosol does not = new tyre and if anyone tells
you different then they're lying. I have used an aerosol twice
in the past and you pay just £5 extra for them to remove the foam stuff.

Some unreputable tyre comapanies will tell you anything just to make
a buck !

2002 TDI SE - Silver - Open Sky System

Hi.
I have sports leather and space box in mine. It is ok. It was cheaper would you believe to buy the space box from the dealer. No Audi wont supply it.

I ordered the spare wheel. You get the compressor and so forth as it is a space saver. I then paid £9 for a can of goop so that when running around locally I use the goop as back up and take the spare when travelling sur le continent - or England. There os no intrusion in the storage well of the boot. Just a small hole int he carpet which I have filled with a plastic blanking grommet.

Ah (smugly) the best of all scenarios.

icon_smile_cool.gif

I have just been given a space saver wheel from audi after complaint over the foam stuff not mending puncture. However I wish to place it in the bottom of the boot, but the layout is different than if it had been factory ordered. Is there a way of having this problem fixed or do I have to carry it on top of tools taking up much needed space ?

A2 TDi SE, opensky,cc,DIS,syphony audio

Standard fit is on top of the tools fastened to the floor. You have to take it out to get to the battery/tools.

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.
Why are NEARLY all the A2s in Lichfield are silver ? ? ?

I insisted on having the space saver spare as well... and have had it on the car TWICE!!! But because my car was pre-ordered it did not come with the bracket to hold the wheel in place. (And to retro-fit that you need an entire new carpet!!) So the wheel just lies in the back and very rarely do I hear it move around. It is fine. Also after the last puncture I did not deflate it again so it now travels there fully inflated and it fits fine. Only when I need all the space do I leave it at home.

BTW if you have the BOSE system fitted the foam, compressor and tools travel under the driver's feet. This includes the special nut for the security wheel nuts... I've often wondered if people unfamiliar with the car will ever find this space when stressed and stranded by the side of the road...

and iPAQ 3970 with Sat-Nav sleeve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back