Space Saver Wheel

fordy

After many months of looking for a space saver wheel, I've managed to get my hands on one. My mechanic buddy has been going to the breakers for parts for a while, and he's just got me a brand new Audi A2 space saver wheel for.....

..... £30 :eek:

I guess the guy didn't know what they go for. Big thanks to Mike and anyone else I harassed over the months when trying to fugure out what wheels are compatable.

Cheers, Ethan

p.s. where can I get the bracket from and how much are they? see, more mythering!!

Hi Alan

Check out your 'My Location' details. Seems you are the only club member who lives in the middle of the North Sea!

got me a brand new Audi A2 space saver wheel for.....

..... £30 :eek:
I guess the guy didn't know what they go for.

p.s. where can I get the bracket from and how much are they? see, more mythering!!
I got mine for ... 1€ ! (£0.9). Also brand new, and with the plastic mountig plate and the screw.
I bought the bracket from Audi (part 8Z0 801 645B). Ask also for the 2 upper screws. You can reuse the lower screws from the battery "divider".

Does the A2 require dedicated scace saver or can it be a typical space saver with 5x100 from other VAG car?

On the surface, these look a good buy. Its hard to tell their condition from the pictures, so its worth a message to the ebay seller to confirm this and how many mm tread are on the tyres and what brand they are. If it all checks out they might be just the job if you can pick up in London. The price is sensible when you consider that a brand new set of replica alloys with budget tyres sell from around £350 or so. The seller is probably trying to claw back some of this outlay, together with some storage space! :D

Back