Spare tyre

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a very eccentric folded-up tyre - pictures of it are on the A2OC site. I think it is 165 wide.

Chivers ':)'
'02 A2 1.4TDi SE

If you don't like the idea of the space-saver, there is just enough room under the boot floor to fit a full size alloy. I carry the SE spec 185/50-16" wheel which required 15mm spacer strips on each side of the floor panel - For the strips I used high density soundproofing foam, cut from a sheet and held in place with double sided tape. Over the years I have had enough punctures to feel more comfortable carrying a standard size wheel, particularly when on holiday in the wilds of Scotland. It's also probably a good way of guatanteeing I will never have another puncture!!!

But not at £200 each (wheel and tyre) with local tyre distributors unable to change the tyre and not much tread depth.

Pictures on A2OC

Regards

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.
Why are NEARLY all the A2s in Lichfield are silver ? ? ?

The Goodyear 155/70R15 78T is available mail order for £40.19. This is a normal tyre so has plenty of tread. It has a T-speed rating so is rated up to 190km/h (118mph).

The P-speed rating of the original equipment space-saver spare tyre means that it's only rated up to 150km/h (93mph).

[24]

The space saver is a Vredenstein and will not look anything like the Goodyear which is a "standard" tyre rather than an expanding one!

You may need type approval for the Goodyear for all round use since brakes/ESP etc will be set up for the standard fit tyres which are a little wider. Your insurer would not be happy if you used a tyre not approved by Audi!

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.
Why are NEARLY all the A2s in Lichfield are silver ? ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back