Spare Wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hawkes

I am looking at getting a used A2 - I looked at one, and couldnt find a spare. Do tey have one? Also - this one had no parcel shelf, just a drop into the boot? Is this normal?
Cheers

The spare wheel is a no cost option when new, so you'll probably find quite a few A2's out there with no spare. What you do have though is a can of Goo (located near the battery or under the passenger footwell) to squirt into the tyre if you get a puncture.
As for the parcel shelf, I am under the impression this is a standard feature on all cars. It is of the fabric variety that rolls up (via springs) into its solid holder behind the rear seats.

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a 1.4SE petrol. http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk14.htm http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/safety.htm
New A2 - Ebony Black, Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

Many Thanks - Thats what I thought - This one did have a can of tyre weld in it but would prefer the wheel. Guess the parcel shelf on this particular one had broken or something. Reckon I will continue to shop around eh? Thanks again.

I had a feeling the "parcel shelf" (bit of plastic fabric on a roll anyway!) was an option at one point-or was that the false boot floor?

Must have been the floor-optional load cover=lower security points in tests.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

I think the parcel shelf/load cover was an option on the earlier base models.
Shaf

Nov 2002 TDi Sport, Silver,Black/grey interior,climate. Replaced previous Mar 2001 TDi SE

You can probably buy them in Tesco anyway...

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

The parcel shelf is about £75 from audi. It should be a standard item but i guess its a good way for them of making money if you purchase a base model or in my case an import.

I reckon Audi have a rear view mirror which doesnt distort as an upgrade too.

1.4 Crystal Blue Specced to SE Std Climate Control & Parking Sensors

Parcel shelf and boot floor were an SE spec on early cars. The 'base' model did not have them.

Your mind is best used like a parachute - OPEN
The UK does not have bad weather - we have the wrong clothes

waih98-you joking? It's the rear window curvature that does it. All cars look like Yaris Verso's through the rear!!!

surely cuvature on the window can be countered by curvature on the rear view mirror to right the wrongs? You know if they can send a man to the moon and build cars out of aluminium.........

1.4 Crystal Blue Specced to SE Std Climate Control & Parking Sensors

[11]I thought the earth was flat!
Don't forget JD believes that 40% of an A2 is plastic![11]

Blimey! I never knew there was so much to it. Gone and bought me a Clio 172 today anyways - Still like the A2 tho, but the Clio - wow!

waih98
But simple customer care just isn't possible by Audi...!!!

maersk-I could never understand why JD left-I don't have an A2 but I still bable on about nothing......tesco's and all that....

[24]
I could hazaed a guesstimate but that would be unfair to JD. Only he can answer.
Should I buy a DSG A3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back