Spidan springs - where to buy in UK?

alanm

A2OC Donor
I've tried googling Spidan springs but can't find a UK stockist. They aren't mentioned on the Awesome or Larkspeed web sites.

Any ideas/advice would be much appreciated.

Alan

Spidan

was in the process of planning my koni fsd upgrade, and have been interested in the spidan springs. Only problem is that nobody seems to stock the springs in the UK, tried GSF and they dont stock any.

phone up GKN HQ and they dont have any!! Will try european HQ unless someone knows where I can get them!!!

The German GKN headquaters already is aware of that problem and will provide a solution within the next two weeks.

Please stay tuned...

thanks Schnelletrecker

will keep things on hold for the time being. Have also taken on board your comments around 49515 and 49527 version of springs in previous posts. Should also mention the spidan springs are guaranteed for 10 years when installed in pairs as per the product literature. Some other spring manufacturers only give a three year gurantee.

To sum up:

For A2 1.4 petrol:
Front: SPIDAN # 49527
Rear: SPIDAN # 49546​

For A2 1.4 TDI (all) and 1.6 FSI:
Front: SPIDAN # 49515

In case of combining SPIDAN springs with Koni FSD shocks for maximum comfort, the 1.4 TDI and 1.6 FSI owners may prefer the # 49527 front springs for compensating the lifting effect of the FSDs (only for better looking reasons). Because of the strong compression damping characteristics of the front FSDs, bottoming is non-existent.

No original A2 rear spring is prone to break fortunately, so primarily front Spidan springs are necessary.

thanks for the clarification. Im going to get the recommended parts as part of the suspension upgrade as per your previous posts, and will wait for your post re availability in the UK

Well I guess it had to happen to someone - I replaced a broken rear spring last year.

Cheers Spike

Hmm, that's the very first time to hear of a broken A2 rear spring.

Would you please tell something about the facture pattern and fracture location?

Hmm, that's the very first time to hear of a broken A2 rear spring.

Would you please tell something about the facture pattern and fracture location?

It was the passenger side spring and the failure was only noticed while checking the car over for the annual MOT test. Mileage was approx 55,000 miles

Cheers Spike

Has this been sorted now was looking at getting a set of rear sport height from them to go with my 30 weitecs front

Cheers Phil

Unfortunately not yet.

You may ask Mr. van Loenen. He is responsible for the UK
market passenger car products.

Roland van Loenen
Key Account Manager PCP/IAM
GKN Driveline Industrial & Distribution Services
Tel.31204070207/Fax +31204070217
Mob. +31653542850
[email protected]

To sum up:

For A2 1.4 petrol:
Front: SPIDAN # 49527

For A2 1.4 TDI (all) and 1.6 FSI:
Front: SPIDAN # 49515

Just re-read this thread and noticed this, is that right that there is no difference between the SE and Sport rear springs ?

Phil

Back