Split in front black bumper (bottom)

Rich.

A2OC Donor
I I noticed when cleaning the car the split/crack on my front bumper seems to be getting slightly bigger. You can slot it back in its original place where the crack is, but I was wondering what I can use to glue it, so it does not split any further. It is around 2 inches now and it's just out of eyes view.

I will add a picture later

Try chips away, they plastic welded my bumper and sprayed for £100 all in, good job too, give them a call, thsy will come out to assess and quote you, no obligation
Mike

As a very effective fix, try drilling a small hole on either side of the split and zip-tying it together.

It certainly won't budge then and you can always get the holes filled by a Dentmaster type when funds allow.

Cheers,

Mike

Richard, one thing you should do is drill a small hole at the end of the crack, this will stop it spreading further for the time being, then do as Skipton01 suggests, I trried all varieties of glue and bonding agents, they all come unstuck after a while.

Cheers,

Mike

This picture looks worse than it is, on the end of the crack drill a hole? or drill one just above the crack?

yep do as said before

drill small hole at end of crapp (this will take the tension away) and then at the bottom two small holes either side and use a ty rip to fasten them, but do a piece of a plastic milbottle behind it to strenghten it up (so also drill the two small hole through the piece of milk bottle en then the ty rip)

hope this is clear

Back