Spring noise+ brakes

pc759

A2OC Donor
sorry folks i am not sure wether this question deserves a new thread or not
but i need your input !

When I get out of the car I hear a squeaking spring noise and its not as if I'm that fat! It is a bit annoying and I'd welcome any suggestions. On a slightly different topic area i.e. rear discs and pads:
I took my tdi 90 04 plate in for first service in May and the dealer said that the rear discs were shot because there was about 1cm of corrosion inboard from the outer edge of the discs,(too much to clean off). 'Mmm, nevermind I thought, Ive just bought one that needs the rear brakes redoing'. Then whenever I've seen a 1.6fsi or other with rear discs their brake discs at the rear are in the same state as mine. What I am trying to get at is will I get away with it at MOT or will I have to change them and if I do will I have to continually do so, because as I understand the trailing edge of the rear pads are chamfered to ease fitting in to the caliper, meaning that this 'problem' is built in

any comments please:confused:

noisy springs

HI pc759

My 2000 1.4SE petrol makes the same noise from the springs when I get out of the car, tends to be from the front springs, all look fine no real corrosion present thought it may have had something to do with the age of my car... however it seems I'm not alone. I can only share this problem with you and really haven't any suggestions to remedy the problem. Can they be lubricated?? :confused:

I took my tdi 90 04 plate in for first service in May and the dealer said that the rear discs were shot because there was about 1cm of corrosion inboard from the outer edge of the discs,(too much to clean off). 'Mmm, nevermind I thought, Ive just bought one that needs the rear brakes redoing'. Then whenever I've seen a 1.6fsi or other with rear discs their brake discs at the rear are in the same state as mine. What I am trying to get at is will I get away with it at MOT or will I have to change them and if I do will I have to continually do so, because as I understand the trailing edge of the rear pads are chamfered to ease fitting in to the caliper, meaning that this 'problem' is built in)

hi pc759 it is common with rear disc all you have to do is get a straight edge and spin the disc so it is against the disc and clean off the rust and a light sanding down
as for the MOT as long as they work not an issue.

regards
ROBIN

Back