Squeaking suspension issue ...

Bordos

Poland
Hello,

My A2 has developed an annoying issue - the front suspension is making a squeaking sound (when temperature is more than 5 degrees it only happens during first couple of minutes, with low temperatures [below 0] it is happening all the time..).

Note that all rubber bits in front suspension are new (all rubber parts are Lemdorder brand), installed according to manual etc. I have visited two different vehicle control stations - front suspension is all fine... but still the annoying sound remains...

Does anyone had similar issue ? I am considering putting some grease on the ARB bushes but I am a bit afraid if those would not be affected by this...

Did you replaced wishbone bush as well ? If yes It could be misaligned bushing. That rubber ring doesn't need a lot to be off just by 1 degree and the rubber is pushing against the wishbone hex insert. Can you post here the picture of the wishbone bush or possibly all the parts you replaced. More eyes more see.

I have the same issue on the drivers side. It sounds like a squeaky bed when going over larger bumps. It also fades after a few minutes of driving.

I have all new struts, top mounts and ARB bushes.

I guess it's one of the wishbone bushes, but I'm going to wait it until next year when it's a bit warmer to fix, unless anyone thinks I'm doing further damage by leaving it.

I had exactly these symptoms recently, especially the squeaky bed over road humps. It turned out to be one of the drop links. The links were relatively new but one of the ball joints had stiffened up and was creaking and groaning and transmitting the sound through the roll bar.

I had exactly these symptoms recently, especially the squeaky bed over road humps. It turned out to be one of the drop links. The links were relatively new but one of the ball joints had stiffened up and was creaking and groaning and transmitting the sound through the roll bar.
How were you managed to identify which one was that ?

On ramp. Get someone to bounce car up and down while underneath grab hold of drop links.
OK - We did that in the control station - and all was silent ...

I would need the car to be "cold" while checking that...

Fair enough. Like with so many things that are only slightly bad, it might be worth letting it get worse as then it will be much easier to diagnose.

So I traced the source of this squeaking ... front ARB bushes do this... After applying some silicone grease on those everything is silent.

So purchased set of new ones from Audi ...

Back