Stalling problems fixed & warnings cleared

A2B

A2OC Donor
I'm happy to say that this week-end I had the cam belt & water pump replaced by an independant VW / Audi engineer who also removed and cleaned out the throttle. Very good guy.

The result is that constant stalling problems have stopped and both the Engine Management and EPC warning lights which have been on for weeks both cleared themselves within a half a mile of driving.

The cam belt which was the original - 8 yrs old was still appeared in good condition. The car has done 58,000 miles. Apparently, however sometimes although it might not break a tooth can fracture off and cause slippage and thus further engine damage.

The throttle was clogged with grime, but following a good clean now appears to be working perfectly.

I have noticed that a number of members seem to be having similar stalling and warning light problems so I hope this helps.

Regards Paul.

Stalling Problem

Thanks Paul that sounds exactly like the problems I am having with my A2, its done 30,000 miles, how much did your repair cost? I am in the Manchester area but would prefer to take it to a recommended garage.

Thanks
Jenny

My independant garage, Aire Valley Workshop in Skipton, always recommend that the throttlebody be given a clean. It does help a lot and helps take out some of the hesitation when accelerating from a standstill.

If you're in the Manchester area then you're not a million miles from our own Skipton01. Maybe he'd help you out with a service.

Thanks Paul that sounds exactly like the problems I am having with my A2, its done 30,000 miles, how much did your repair cost? I am in the Manchester area but would prefer to take it to a recommended garage.

Thanks
Jenny

Jenny,

The cambelt and water pump replacement was £270 and the throttle cleaning was thrown in for free.

Paul

Back