Starter motor.

pamanal21

A2OC Donor
Hi all ,another request for info,My Engine system fault keeps poping up on dash /screen & occasionally, with it the epc symbol as well? I have noticed this is somehow related to starter motor action!! my car has no problem in starting but every 9 times out of 10 its fine, then tenth time & above symbol/s appear, usually couple more starts & .the symbol disappear, i would like to know if starter motor on 1.4 petrol (2001 reg) is different from the 3 cylinder diesel version starter or do they use the same s/motor?? I'm going to try and source a second hand one (if possible) but need to know part number to be sure of correct purchase, any help or advice would be gratefully recieved, Thanks again, Alan.

Hi Alan
I personally can't see a link between the starter motor and the engine management lights coming on so i'd recommend you have a diagnostic check done before buying a second hand starter.

Cheers Spike

Starter Motor Reply.

Hi Spike, Thanks for the prompt reply & i can see where you are coming from,yet what i described does happen, its as though it just depends on what plane the motor stops on for the display to appear, maybe the armature has a weak spot or somthing like? or could it be a frayed wire etc, anyway as car is driving perfectly normal in every way i'll keep my eye on it, going on the camping trip (july) few weeks to go so will see you there,Cheers & thanks again, Alan.

Back