stealth racing chip's & springs

robin

Had a chat with vince at stealth racing and came up with these figures.

Stealth racing custom remap diesel 75bhp&90bhp on rolling road £325+vat.
For a re chip and no rolling road £225+vat.

H&R springs £109 inc vat +p&p
H&R springs + fitting by stealth £309 inc vat (inc four wheel alignment)

I also had a chat about doing a A2OC group remap will need to know how many are interested and will then be able to get a price for you.

Call stealth racing on 01926812259 and ask for vince or pm me.

regards
ROBIN

Last edited:
Hi Robin, thanks for offering this service, I am interested. Grateful if you could advise whether you have re-mapped a 75BHP TDi yet and if so, what was the approximate BHP gained? Also (excuse my ignorance) - what are H&R springs? Do they make the ride harder or softer? Thanks

Hi mpg lover

i have had maddys car re mapped wich is a 75BHP it is now a 99bhp and pulls like a train.
driverforward had a go in maddys at the air museum curry meet and it put a grin on his face.
up date
vince has now re chiped maddys A2 and is now 108.2bhp 198 ft lb torque

as quoted by skipton01

(If you're after progressive springs to improve the ride quality, forget it - I did exactly the same, getting H&R springs fitted to Tank (TDi 90), but although they are progressive springs, the ride quality is a lot harsher, because the springs are about 30% stiffer to make up for the lowered ride height.)

The H&R springs will improve looks and give you sharper handling.

regards
ROBIN

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply Robin. I am interested in having a re-map and rolling road test in 2007, but I'll give the springs a miss as the current suspension is hard enough! Cheers

robin said:
Had a chat with vince at stealth racing and came up with these figures.

Stealth racing custom remap diesel 75bhp on rolling road £325+vat.
For a re chip and no rolling road £225+vat.
robin said:
Hi mpg lover

i have had maddys car re mapped wich is a 75BHP it is now a 99bhp and pulls like a train.
driverforward had a go in maddys at the air museum curry meet and it put a grin on his face.
up date
vince has now re chiped maddys A2 and is now 108.2bhp 198 ft lb torque
Hi Robin, the time is nearing for me to get my A2 mapped for it's return to the 'ring in April.. Were the final figures for the 75 108.2bhp and 198 lb/ft? Were there any other mods to your old A2 (air filter etc)? Do you have any RR graphs?

Many thanks,

Ian

what sort of power and torque would you expect from a 1.4 tdi 90?
i wouldnt mind getting this done in the near future.

I'm also interested in getting my 90 chipped and rolling roaded. Can you post up the figures for the re-map please

MPG Lover said:
... Also (excuse my ignorance) - what are H&R springs? Do they make the ride harder or softer? Thanks

Hello MPG Lover,

I would like to refer to the following thread that is based on the extensive experience of German A2 drivers who modified their suspension setup.

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4727

The H&R springs unfortunately are the worst of all. Many drivers who bought them rapidly changed to a different maker. So since about two years these "notorious" H&R springs are completely avoided here in Germany.

Back