steering wheel sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crb1011

just had roadside assistance out as my car had a steering wheel sensor light come on. The ABS light is now on along with the traction control light. It appears this is because the ABS unit is not getting the right signals or something Also the red brake light flashes away at you grrrr. Anybody else had this problem?? getting roadside assistance to take car to Audi garage first thing monday. Got direct warranty policy so lets hope they cover this. Will nto be happy if they don't.

1.4 PETROL A2 BLACK WITH OPEN SKY AND REAR BENCH SEAT

well I never, it all appears to be ok now maybe just a clitch who knows. Taking it to garage anyway just to get it checked out. grrrrrr

well garage have had the car nearly a week now. just been told the steering angle sensor needs replacing. And guess what warranty direct don't cover that part. now why does that not surprise me. Emails sent off complaining to all and sundry dont think it will do any good. Final bill £272.00 ouch

What does that part of the policy say? Mine (not warranty direct) excludes things which are not a mechanical breakdown, unless you buy the extra pack which includes computers and other hi tech rubbish. They still tried to resist a claim for an engine management warning light due to some gizmo failing (on the Volvo), I argued and won, this time, maybe not next time.

I have the gold policy which covers mechanical and electrical break down. It covers ABS sensors ECU plus things like electric window motors, sun roof motors etc. Just had a call from Audi but I was out so will call them back next week. Wonder what they are going to say maybe I will get a full refund from them ( must be dreaming again) keep you posted

yep sounds about right prefer an A4 convertable though

heard from Audi and they say they wont pay for the repairs. complained to warranty direct and they wont pay up either policy does not cover this sensor. now going to complain to lloyds who under write the policy dont suppose i will egt anywhere but costs nothing to try

I had exactly the same fault - but it was intermittent and annoying when you get 5 alram bongs and the dash lights up like a Christmas tree. In the end I took it to a local garage who used the diagnostics to diagnose the fault. In my case it was and ABS sensor but identical problems to you. Cost me £220 - £80 for the part. If it was a rear wheel sensor informed part alone is near £200!

Regards - The Foghorn

2001 TDI SE Atantic Blue, Open Sky, 16" 6 spoke alloys, Satellite cloth & space box system. The "Dogs Twitchers"

I wish mine had been an ABS sensor it would have been covered by my warranty.

still trying to get my money back from the warranty company for sensor that failed on me. its now being looked into by the underwiters Llyods of london.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back