stereo removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

uknowuloveit

I have a standard tap deck and wish to be able to lay cds, i have tried playing my peronal cd through the tape deck but get a lot of static noise. Any idea if it is possible to plug in a normal sony/jvc cd player ? I have tried to take out th radio put am having no joy

Rob

You need the keys, they are for sale on e-bay. That is the sum total of my knowledge, oh sorry it's not, you need an adaptor kit for a "foreign"radio.

Rob

Most of the keys I have seen on e.bay are the 'Autoleads' type as sold by Halfords at £3.99 a pair (PC5-93-H European radio removal keys) I bought a set and tried to remove my Symphony 1 and gave up due to the risk of damaging the set as they did not latch into the removal slots correctly. I now have the genuine Audi ones and note the end profile is completely different.
I would recommend you either buy the genuine keys or at least check out the profile before purchase. The VagParts web site has a picture of the Audi keys you could use for comparison

Spike

Or next time you are passing your Audi dealer, pop in and get them to pop the stereo out (hopefully free of charge-do Audi charge by the 10 seconds.......?....). Maybe take a towel to rest the radio on, or a bit of masking tape to stop the unit sliding back in it's hole.

Steve - A couple of A2's, then a Corolla, now a Avensis T3-X 2.0 Auto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back