Suspension consoles

Edwrai

Does anyone know the part numbers for the suspension consoles, I think I have play from the console bush and my mech has said they need replacing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi the suspension consoles are a eye water cost , however the rear Bush can be replaced , with a new one

down side ,is the wish bone bolt can strip the thread , which means you need a replacement ..... those are available from a range of places , 2nd hand .....

Hi the suspension consoles are a eye water cost , however the rear Bush can be replaced , with a new one

down side ,is the wish bone bolt can strip the thread , which means you need a replacement ..... those are available from a range of places , 2nd hand .....

Any idea on the part number for the bush? 1.6fsi

6Q0199293D - 6Q0199294D. I think there are a few iterations of the part number. I have found Polo and Fabia wishbone consoles to be the same. I have recently picked up a pair to from a 2011 VW FOX, so a full 6 years fresher than used A2 parts.

Im afraid not. The pre fitted bush is not voidless like the A2. So would need to either push out the new bush and replace with a solid one. Or find some without a bush pre installed.

In the Polo world it is actually a relatively common 'upgrade' to replace their bushes with A2 bushes. Firmer handling or something.

Im afraid not. The pre fitted bush is not voidless like the A2. So would need to either push out the new bush and replace with a solid one. Or find some without a bush pre installed.

In the Polo world it is actually a relatively common 'upgrade' to replace their bushes with A2 bushes. Firmer handling or something.

Do you happen to know the part number of the bush?

The console requires a jig to support it when pressing the bush. I knocked one up and it was not adequate. I bent one console. The other stripped the thread out while removing the suspension arm bolt. I had to buy two new consoles, couldn’t find the correct part used.

Well it seems possible to buy the bush and console for both sides for £79 on autodoc all in which isn’t bad however I need to find someone to press out the bush it comes with.

But luckily the thread can be repaired with helicoil typ insert. Feel free to search here for "rusty wishbone" and you can see how i did it.

quick question, why would the polo bush not work, does it need to be voidless?

Back