Sydmeko Armrest photos ......

DJ 190

A2OC Donor
Well, here goes ..... I didn't use any of those methods? I saw "resize photos" when I right-clicked on a photo ....I chose "small" (maybe I should choose "medium"?) ..... DSCN2780 (Small).JPGDSCN2781 (Small).JPGDSCN2782 - Copy (Small).JPGDSCN2783 (Small).JPG Lets see what happens .....

David

Excellent, David! Well done, and thank you! :)

I didn't use any of those methods? I saw "resize photos" when I right-clicked on a photo

You having the "resize photos" option in the right-click menu is as a result of installing the software Craig recommended. It isn't a separate program as such - it's a 'shell extension'. It adds features to Windows in an invisible kind of way, if that makes sense.

I chose "small". maybe I should choose "medium"?

Yes, I think you may get away with medium. Give it a go!

Could I be cheeky and request a few more photos, please...? I'd love to see a sharp, close-up of the base's texture, a photo of the armrest as seen from the back seats and a close-up of the bar passing through the leather. Cheers!

Tom

Really? I could see that it (Craigyb's" software) was there in my program list ..... I couldn't open it, though. If I clicked on it, I just got a choice of "documents" and something else?, I can't remember .... But you couldn't do anything with it! I wonder if you are sure about what you're saying? That "resize photos" option only gave 3 sizes .... small, medium and large I seem to recall that "craigyb" stated far more options? I will see what I can do regarding more photo's, tomorrow. I know how keen you must be to see those illuminated badges of mine, too! I'm going to give you three colour options .... green, blue and white ,,,,, and the badge just in plain, non-illuminating, white! A lot more, too .... but one thing at a time, Eh! LOL Another bit of help .... How do I use that "originally posted by" feature of this site? ....it would be useful ....

David

How do I use that "originally posted by" feature of this site?

Just beneath this text on the right hand side, there are a few buttons, namely "Edit Post", "Reply", etc. You'll see them beneath every post anyone makes. Click "Reply With Quote" to use that post as a quote.

I always post medium, seems to be about the right size.

Below the template sizes are custom options and over write etc.

Nice to see your photos David, well done!
I see an RNS-E in there, hee hee!
You know what, I rather like that armrest.
The heated seat rocker switches are unusual-looking, they don't look at all like mine with the raised surface surround?

dan_b said:
The heated seat rocker switches are unusual-looking, they don't look at all like mine with the raised surface surround?
No, they are not an Audi part. They look reasonable, but are a bit shiny ... Another problem is that they don't illuminate in red to match all the other illumination! I have seen a few true Audi controls on Ebay ... I wonder if the wiring/plug would be adaptable/compatible? They would probably look better .....

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks David.

Sadly, the camera has auto-focused for the driver's seat in the background in two of the photos, so the armrest and its texture are out of focus.
Are you able to get a good crisp one of the underside? The way to do this is to use the full optical zoom and then move back, rather than trying to get the camera as close to the surface as possible. That way the camera should focus on the texture really well, but you'll have to hold the camera very still to avoid it blurring.

Cheers,

Tom

It is felt, and very good quality, too! You are very thorough in your assessment of things, aren't you, Tom? (You could always pay me a visit?) LOL! Of COURSE, though, you'd be very welcome! Another photo .... of the rear .... Red reflector on Votex spoiler / double-height rear brake-lights / Illuminating Audi rear badge / Chrome surround to number plate. The full-width strip immediately below the rear hatch? Is there any way to have that in chrome? It looks so dull in silver ....

DSCN2817 (Large).JPG

David

Let's have some night time photos of the grille badge and Audi logo brake light then!

O.K. Not too easy taking effective photos at night? Tom? Another "how-to" guide? A couple here, though .... the front badge isn't THAT bright!

DSCN2822 (Medium).JPGDSCN2824 (Medium).JPG

David

Back