Symphony error 1?

My wife has just bought a 2002 Audi A2 1.4 petrol(met black, red leather)with the optional Symphony audio installed, very happy with the car indeed...however, the HU will not play any CD`s, just showing an `error 1`on the display:( The dealer(not VAG) has been told about the problem, and will reimburse us the cost of repair. Before I book it in somewhere, has anyone got any ideas on this, or is there a reset or similar? Thanks in advance!:)

Error1 is indicative of a cd player (or changer) failure.

It'll probably be cheaper to source a Symphony from Ebay - they go for about £50 for a Symphony 2 in good order.

Cheers,

Mike

Well, tried a CD lens cleaner, and it played the intro on it!...now getting error 2 as well:( ...think it`s a HU out job now. So, my next question, how do you get these units out?:confused:

Hi VeedubvaGTi
You need a set of radio removal keys, available from VagParts- with extra discount if you have our Club discount card. Check their web site, I think they are listed in the sat nav section.
The attached link is about sat nav but shows the keys being used to remove the head unit
http://www.nav-plus.com/instructions/installb5.html

Cheers Spike

spike said:
Hi VeedubvaGTi
You need a set of radio removal keys, available from VagParts- with extra discount if you have our Club discount card. Check their web site, I think they are listed in the sat nav section.
The attached link is about sat nav but shows the keys being used to remove the head unit
http://www.nav-plus.com/instructions/installb5.html

Cheers Spike

Thanks for that info, I may not need them yet. I asked about a price at an Audi stealer for a recon unit, £400 they said!!!...so that`s out of the question!! The wife phoned the other day and said that it had played a few tracks and stopped again. Really think the laser is goosed now, going to pop it down to a car radio shop at the weekend, they reckon if it is the laser it`ll be £80. Post back next week with the results

Car radio place has said the laser is whacked, but can`t get spares for these models, and I`d have to sent it back to Audi, but as previously said, I don`t think they`d repair it, just want me to do an exchange for a recon for £400, yeah right...just great:mad: Looks like it`s one of three options, either a new double din unit(cheapest I`ve seen is a Kenwood for £199) or get a Symphony on ebay, or get an adapter plate, and get a `normal` sized unit. Can`t believe you can`t get lasers for these units, thought they`d be a pretty generic part:confused:

Last edited:
Back