Symphony II - RCA/Aux Inputs?

TallPaul

Does anyone know if the Symphony II head unit (the 6 disc and tape one) has aux or RCA inputs on the back, for audio in?

any photo's or drawing would be great too!

Cheers

TP

DSC_2115-04-1.jpg

I was about to suggest the above Paul, but was pipped to the post!

Jimbob has one of these Densions fitted to his A2 and he seems very happy with it (it's quite neat too).

WAS : A2 TDI SE 2001 Ebony Black Pearl (The Little Tank!)
NOW : A2 TDi 90 Sport, OpenSky, winter pack, ISOfix, all-round fogs, climate control, all-round electric windows, Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB54, genuine HID xenons and red leather! Not to mention CCC Tech chipping (118bhp), K&N air filter, all round tinting, all-black headlining and retro-fitted cruise control and GALA.(The NEW Tank).
A215.jpg

Yes I've seen the Dension Ice-Link+, still got one in fact! but its got the sony changer connector, and the cradle, so I would need to buy a new connector.

I had a few ideas about fitting an iPod dock into one of the cupholders, then running the line-out of the dock to the aux inputs in the back of the HU, and somehow wiring to charge ipod from the fag-lighter (or similar). I already sit my iPod in the cupholder, and connect by tape adapter, but I'm looking at getting a new 5G iPod with video, and was looking for a cleaner set-up, rather than tape adpater, and cable to fag-lighter, which could be pretty messy!

DSC_2115-04-1.jpg

There is an iPod 'cup holder' device available which is a cup that sits in your holder and the iPod sits in that, blindingly obvious but really quite clever!!!

A2 TDI Sport Leather & Alcantara, climate control, Bose, cruise control, full electric glass, front fogs, sony HD5

I believe that the audio in on Audi head units (inc Symphony) is disabled unless a known CD changer is attached to the data line. There is some kind of communication link when you attach an Audi CD changer which then enables the line in.

I think a function of the Dension unit is to fool the head unit into thinking a valid changer is attached. So I doubt if you can simply attach the iPod to the line in without using an interface too.

Check this out http://www.k9spud.com/vwcdpic/

But as you already have a Dension thingy I would use that.

Back