Symphony II - Soft Touch Only?

TFG

A2OC Donor
Question as topic title. I've not had much luck finding a combination of terms to give me the answer using forum search.

Both my A2's have Symphony I's, which I really like the look of and I'm happy with the sound quality, but I want to retrofit DIS to the TDi and I'm aware of the proprietary BUS that comes with the early cars. However, if Symphony II's were only ever made with soft touch fascias, that may well put me off changing to one.

Decisions, decisions....

If Kenwood made a standard double-DIN-shaped version of this:

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/car/oem/vw/DNX525DAB/

I'd buy it without hesitation. I think the looks would fit very nicely into the A2 centre dash, the illumination colour could be adjusted to give a good match to the rest of the dash and it would solve all of my headaches with DAB, media player, phone kit etc. in one go. But they don't :(

Last edited:
If Kenwood made a standard double-DIN-shaped version of this:

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/car/oem/vw/DNX525DAB/

I'd buy it without hesitation. I think the looks would fit very nicely into the A2 centre dash, the illumination colour could be adjusted to give a good match to the rest of the dash and it would solve all of my headaches with DAB, media player, phone kit etc. in one go. But they don't :(
Why do you feel it is non std double DIN? One of these was fitted in my D2 S8 prior to my purchase and seemed to be a straight replacement (well physically anyway!!) for the RNS D Nav Plus.

This is the one we have:

Andriod

Its geared up for Audi and has enough meat at the sides to file down, I also purchased the DAB module, reverse camera and microphone. It looks good quality but we are yet to fit it although I have wired it up and had it working. The only problem I foresee is that we will lose the DIS radio stations.

This is the one we have:

Andriod

Its geared up for Audi and has enough meat at the sides to file down, I also purchased the DAB module, reverse camera and microphone. It looks good quality but we are yet to fit it although I have wired it up and had it working. The only problem I foresee is that we will lose the DIS radio stations.

Will watch this with interest...

This is the one we have:

Andriod

Its geared up for Audi and has enough meat at the sides to file down, I also purchased the DAB module, reverse camera and microphone.

Interesting. does that mean the bottom edge of the fascia is wide enough to span the opening in an A2 double-DIN dash and the sides can be trimmed back to leave parallel/vertical edges? Have you tries the DAB setup?

If something can be done to tame that Android skin, I might be up for this one. Will it work with Bose?

It’s made for A3/A4 so I believe it is wide enough. I haven’t tried the DAB yet as I don’t have the aerial in place. No idea about Bose, sorry.

Another keen watcher here. Need to replace double din unit in mine and fancy a touch screen. Please keep us updated.

Back