Tardis with Skipton 1

SPECKY

Tardis is suff....suff...suff...sufferin at the moment !!!!

Its developed a stutter as tho its fuel starved.:confused:

So, its with Mike now, dropped it off tonight for some nostics doin and cruise fitting hopefully :cool:

Good to meet you today Mike and nice of you to call at my place of work too

TANK is awesome !!!!

SPECKS

No worries Specks - nice to see the Cab too - lovely motor!

I couldn't wait and have done a scan, so will PM you with the results shortly.

It could go one of two ways tho - dead easy and cheap or pretty expensive!

More details later and fingers crossed!!

Cheers,

Mike

First of all can i say THANK YOU SKIPTON 1:)

What fantastic service and his attention to detail is just......on another level :eek:

Tardis is back with the fleet now where she belongs all fixed and modded up with Skipton Cruise:D:D:D

The Stutterreererin was the fuel filter wich was ORIGINAL from 2001 !!!!:confused: So that had never been replaced !

A fault showed up on Nostics with brakes ! Mike found an over full fluid resorvoir and replace my brake switch too.

Auto door locking is now added too for extra safety when Mrs A is in control !!

Alarm beeps once if all is ok when car is locked....No beepy, no safey !!!

Tardis now has CRUISE CONTROL :D a much missed option.

Once again a mahoooooosive thanks to Mike and lets not forget his good lady too as she followed him over to ours to drop car back. Thankyou Mrs MikeSkipton 1.

SPECKS

PS..... Mike, if i've missed anything please add.:p
and Bev now callin Georgey cat PUD !!!! LMFAO

A fault showed up on Nostics with brakes ! Mike found an over full fluid resorvoir and replace my brake switch too.

Out of interest what are the dangers of an over filled reservoir?

I've used an Ezibleed kit in the past and it always looks rather full afterwards, but never thought twice about it.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy for your whole-hearted gratutude for my simple services.

Glad that TARDIS is back on your drive and in the rudest of health, where she belongs.

Missed anything out? Don't think so - think you got everything covered there.

Will, there was a DTC thrown up on the diagnostic scan which pointed to the brake pressure relief solenoid defective and this in a lot of cases is linked to the brake switch itself, but sometimes, it's the actual F84 sensor, which is linked to the brake servo and this is not a cheap fix (hence my earlier post about it could be good or bad news).

Well, the initial good news was that after a clean up of the burnt contacts inside the brake light switch, the fault cleared down, only to come back during a short test drive. So, it was back to square 1 and check out the brake system from scratch.

Pretty much the first thing I noticed was that the reservoir was very full (almost no air at the top of the bottle), so I drained this down to the max mark.

Now bearing in mind that the original fault code was caused by a brake pressure relief sensor, it kind of makes sense that an overfilling would cause too much back pressure in the system, even just a little bit and it trips the system into a fault state.

Pleased to say that after another short drive over the same route, no faults returned and indeed, the lights stayed out during the trans-Pennine trip back to Netherton.

So, that's the possible consequence of an overfilled brake fluid reservoir Will.

Glad that you and Mrs A are pleased and calling that handsome feline a pud now is the icing!!!

All the best,

Cheers,

Mike

Back