Tdi intercooler support

simufly

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
The support for the bottom intercooler pipe does not appear to be available, from Audi or AT

6N0145812A​

Is there a work around?

Simon
Photo from A2 Germany
1687597229295.jpeg

Sorry I don't have any photos Graham but I think the ties wrap around the existing/broken bracket. The screws holding the bracket to the block need to be loosened and the rest of the tie can then be slotted behind it before retightening. In effect the cable tie becomes a cradle to help support the broken bracket which remains in situe. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
I did offer a few months ago to cad model the bracket with a view to 3D printing them
I need a bracket either broken or not. If broken with all the pieces to produce the cad model
This all went quiet a few months ago and got forgotten
Anyone have a suitable bracket they are will I g to lend out for a few weeks ?

Cheers. Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know little (actually nothing) about 3d printing so my first question would be would such a printed bracket be strong enough?

If designed such that the layers are the correct orientation then yes should be plenty strong enough

Well I have removed the one from my car. It is a most strange moulding. I think it is probably not 3D printable what with the metal inserts etc and flexible hinge.. I suppose it could be done in two parts without the joining hinge.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Correct the design will be different but the function the same

Paul

I have a spare I could send you @depronman ?

On my car I've left it off completely as it wears through the alloy pipe found on TDI90s. Perhaps the 3d printed redesign could bear this in mind so as to eliminate this wear?

Back