TDI tuning

Is there anyone out there which has tuned their diesel A2? I've tuned my 1,2 tdi with a powerbox. A mapping should work better, but anyway.. 86 HP and 190 NM is more than enough power in a car that ways 855 KG. Does anyone have a power statistic of a tuned diesel a2?

Original the A2 has 140 NM from 1800-2400 RPM. With my tuning the car kicks hard at 2400rpm, and really accelerate.

Other experiences after tuning the a2? any warnings?

I believe my1,2 tdi 86 HP a2 goes better than a standard 1,4tdi 75HP. Is this true? It's 155 kg lighter than the 1,4, and this has to matter?`?

Hi Fredriklian
There are only a couple of 1.2tdi's in the UK and I don't think any have been tuned.
The standard 1.4 tdi has 75hp and 195Nm torque. As your car has more power, similar torque, is lighter and more aerodynamic then it will definitely be faster
A tuned 75hp 1.4tdi would give around 95 - 100 hp and 230Nm

Cheers Spike

Okey.. but the larger 1,4tdi might be faster from 0-60 (100) because the semi automatic gearbox use some time changing gear, and the turbo pressure delayes even more.. The 1,4 tdi might also be faster inn high speed I guess.

I've experienced that the turbo lag witched was remarkable at 1900 before, now has been moved to 2400. So when I hit 2400 in about 120kmt, the car kicks and accellerate twice as good.

Ok, but my german's even weeker than my already bad english..

I'll give it a shot..

Fredriklian said:
Is there anyone out there which has tuned their diesel A2? I've tuned my 1,2 tdi with a powerbox. A mapping should work better, but anyway.. 86 HP and 190 NM is more than enough power in a car that ways 855 KG. Does anyone have a power statistic of a tuned diesel a2?

Original the A2 has 140 NM from 1800-2400 RPM. With my tuning the car kicks hard at 2400rpm, and really accelerate.

Other experiences after tuning the a2? any warnings?

I believe my1,2 tdi 86 HP a2 goes better than a standard 1,4tdi 75HP. Is this true? It's 155 kg lighter than the 1,4, and this has to matter?`?

If you're using a powerbox then only fuel control is altered. To get the most out the unit you need to also control load and boost request levels, this is only possible by modifying the software directly in the ECU itself.

1.2 TDI ECU and Remap Tuning - AMD

Hi Fredriklian,

I had 1.4 TDi A2 before my current 1.2 TDi and checked out ecu remap options before getting my 1.2 in 2005. AMD were able to offer this service on 1.2 TDI in UK, I believe sourced from German software supplier. AMD had good reputation, but I've not used them as my 1.2 TDI performance better than expected.

http://www.amdstore.com/

The A2 1.2 TDI engine is used in other VAG cars, so there's a tuning demand elsewhere too. Google this address for more info.

I've driven many miles in Norway, using many different cars including both my A2's, full house BMW Mini Cooper S Works plus, Fiat Barchetta, and too many others to mention. Newcastle/Stavanger/Haugesund/Bergen crossing route preferred with cars - though I often fly to Oslo or Haugesund to enjoy west coast Rivierra summers and cold dry sunny winter snow.

I will be fishing, sunbathing and skiing on Norway's west coast over Easter!

Hilsen fra Draethen, UK

Erling

AMD technically dont exist any more - Name has been brought out. Bunch of T**sers anyway and I'd rather give money away than give it to them.

All the expertise from AMD set up there own place - APS (http://autops.co.uk). Well not quite all some of them went else where eh John.

Well yeah all the tuning expertise to be honest is all over the place, Geoff I do a lot of work with and is a really great guy who runs www.milfordmicros.co.uk
Scott emigrated to Australia and Adam is considering options currently. The guys from the workshop indeed did set up elsewhere. AmD were bought out by another company over a year ago but I believe they developed a conflict of interests and pulled out toward the end of last year,

The tuning industry is very fragmented at the moment.

Back