Temp warning on DIS

Jaci

hi,

Yesterday we had -20 and when I started to drive the coolant temp warning has appear for a minute on DIS. Is this normal that there is a warning in such case - to drove slowly until engine warms up ?

Mine also had that cold start strangess the past two days. At first it would display the temperature warning in red and the two yellow warnings, and then the red part would change to the picture below.
Any ideas if it's diesel related (gelling diesel) or if it's something to do with the coolant (antifreeze not up to the task at -20 degrees)?
I noticed that once i drive a few kilometers it goes away without turning the engine off. Is it ok to drive like this?

I know. At first it was that water and thermometer sign, and then turned into this one. I thought that the car was telling me to put on the brakes, turn the engine off and go back to my warm bed.:p
Haven't got the speed to shoot the first warning sign, but i'm sure i'll get another chance tomorow morning as even now it's -15C outside.
Hasn't anyone in the snowy northern parts got strange warnings in extreme temperatures?

no, mine tends to work....even if you can feel the vibrations through the wheel as the engine starts to struggle at -20 with the fan and headlights on... :)

Bret

Mine too has done this twice in the past couple of weeks.
Each time restarting the engine cleared it.
Reading the manual its either temperature or low coolant that can cause it.
Havn't had the bonnet off yet to check coolant!

Back