temperatur outside -35C

Tomic

Hi all

My A2 1.6FSI sometimes goes from normal outside temp to -35C witch is annoying because then the klima system is compromising, so my car get really hot inside. any one got any idea, there is no fault code. i have changed the outside temp sensor.

when the car does that the the Door opening blink is not working anymore.

Kind Regards from Denmark.

Hi Tomic

I cannot help but I am surprised that no one from this Forum has been offering sum form of advice to you after your original post in 2015 regarding this issue you have with your A2 , the Guys on here have far more knowledge about the workings and failing's of this vehicle than the combined Audi Dealerships Tech Departments of GB.

I think they may well be under the weather from the New Year Celebrations and all that fine Buckfast Plonk produced South of the Scottish Border they'd consumed and forgot about you.

Happy New Year From Scotland the Land of Golf, Whiskey, Liquid Gold & Nicola.

It really does sound like it is the external temperature sensor, but you have changed this.

Are the connections to the sensor definitely clean and making good contact?

Get someone to move the wiring to it while you keep an eye on the dash readout, it may pinpoint the problem.

Also, check out the link to the heater flap problem, it might be playing a part in the extra heater temperature
[h=1]How to sort a stuck heater flap[/h]
Steve B

when the car does that the the Door opening blink is not working anymore.

Can you explain what you mean with "the Door opening blink"?

The signal from the ambient temperature sensor is connected to the Combi-instrumet.

I would say there are only a few possibilities:

• the temp sensor
  • the temp sensor earth connection, in left headlight wiring harness
  • the temp sensor connector: T17f - 17-pin connector, white, connector point, A pillar, left
  • the wiring
  • the Combi-instrument

My A2 1.6FSI showed -10C today!
emoji_u26c4.png

Last edited:
My psi i use every day has developed an over read of 4 deg's c - its been like that all summer and continues to be +4 on the actual temp outside. i will try a replacement sensor at the next service. cheers mike

It did Again to day after i washed it. So Mighty be something with The wiring. I have taken The left headlight out, but cant find that stupid wire, Can some one post a pic of it. :D

What i ment with The blinking door is The when i lock the door the car blink once, that is sometimes broken aswell offen when the temp go crasy :D the doors lock fine just no blink.

A2sumo its really easy to change, you can do it without any tools.

Thanks for all your input.

It did Again to day after i washed it. So Mighty be something with The wiring. I have taken The left headlight out, but cant find that stupid wire, Can some one post a pic of it. :D

What i ment with The blinking door is The when i lock the door the car blink once, that is sometimes broken aswell offen when the temp go crasy :D the doors lock fine just no blink.

A2sumo its really easy to change, you can do it without any tools.

Thanks for all your input.

If the indicators do not blink when you lock the car, that is an indication that one of the doors, the service flap or the tailgate are not fully closed (chances are that it is the service flap in the bonnet) or that the ssensor switch is faulty on one of them.

The external temperature sender on the tdis I have checked is behind the front bumper and in front of the radiator. It can be seen when you look down in between them.

Steve B

The wire i ment was this "the temp sensor earth connection" i can't find it, removed the hole front :D any one got a pic off that ?

I have just given Ipswich Audi £20 (including 10% discount) for 8Z0820535A. The old sensor (8Z0820535) read 9 degrees, the new one read 3. Result. The only problem is that the stalk that holds the sensor seems to be missing the ring on top that the sensor slots into so I am going to have to engineer a solution with gaffer tape.

Also, the new part number has a revision 'A' at the end of it, which hopefully means that this one will be better.

As this item presumably feeds the car's engine ECU as well as the climate control, it's probably worth changing.

Thoughts?

Back