Temperature Reading On Dashboard

Wonder if someone can point me in the right direction .
I have looked on a search for this issue but it seems not to cover the issues I have so here goes.

Over the last couple of days my temperature gauge on my A2 1.4 petrol has sat at 60 and not moved at all.
I do very little mileage as a commute so figured it was not warmed up as I have read that the A2 does take a while to do so.
Anyway I decided today to take a longer trip approx 60 miles with a combination of Motorway ,A roads , and town traffic (sitting idle) the Temp gauge still reads 60.
The Air Con works fine both hot and cold (if thats any help) , I have read on here about temp gauge moving up and down between 60 and 90 of which replacing the Temp Sensor or Thermostat cured the problem in most cases would that be the cause here ??????
Also not being mechanically minded is the fix to the problem (if its a known fault ) relatively cheap to do with parts and having a go myself or does it require a little more expertise .
Also is the car safe to drive in its current state ???
Anyone care to help

Thanks in Advance

Adam

Seem I was a tad premature as I have been and had a play around with the car on tick over and with gentle revs the Temp gauge rose to a respectable 90 and sat there .
Albeit after 15 mins so it does take a while to warm up.
Possibly because of my short journey times to and from work .
Also being a cold day here (kent ) about 8 degrees the cold airflow has kept the engine temp down.
I think I have just answered my own question :D

Adam

Back