Temperature sensor

Kleynie

A2OC Donor
Hi all,
Recently, my temperature guage on the dashboard has decided to die. I know the engine gets warm and stays warm still due to the fact that the guage works intermittently and shows 90, when it works, and when it should be warm. So, on to my question, which temperature sensor needs replacing? And can someone provide me with a link or information on the correct one to buy, as I've seen that some are 4 pin, and some are 2.
Thanks in advance,

Adam

It is indeed a dual sensor so the 4 pin type and green in colour. One side of the sensor feeds the ecu for fueling map and the other side feeds the dash gauge.
Manual page to change, just tie string or fishing wire around the retaining clip and pull it out with pliers. Make sure you get a new sensor , o ring and clip. Tie string or fishing wire to new clip before you drop it down the engine bay!!!

It is indeed a dual sensor so the 4 pin type and green in colour. One side of the sensor feeds the ecu for fueling map and the other side feeds the dash gauge.
Manual page to change, just tie string or fishing wire around the retaining clip and pull it out with pliers. Make sure you get a new sensor , o ring and clip. Tie string or fishing wire to new clip before you drop it down the engine bay!!!
Perfect, thank you.

Usual advise about covering up the engine to prevent the spilled coolant going all over it,the o ring may get stuck so you may have to pull it out, lubricate the new o ring with some coolant, the string and only top up with ready mixed correct G12-G13 coolant. DO NOT mix other coolants.

Back