Chat Thanks to all...

andybaggies

A2OC Donor
Phew, that was close.

I've had an A2 1.4 TDi since 2005 which has now done 124K and for the past few months have being given serious thought to replacing it. However I'd be damned if I couldn't find a newer car that came up to the many qualities of the A2. One of which I like is the 1.4 TDi, an engine that has great real world driveability not to mention fuel consumption & reliability. So I thought how about buying a car with the same engine and a lower mileage - say a Fabia Estate (ahem, tis good for transporting the hound).

Went to a dealer and had a chat and a look around one but did feel a little guilty leaving the A2 in the car park. Came back home not exactly filled with excitement and logged on to a20c (been a lurker for a while) and read a few posts. The enthusiasm was infectious and damned me if it didn't strike me as obvious - why don't I just continue to keep and care for the 'ol boy during his final days.

So thanks to all you guys and I'm gonna treat Hector to a 3 hour wash & scrub up inside and out this weekend. And who knows what other mods may follow ?

Cheers,

Andy B

ha ha ha thats great news--you know it makes sence really--infact i think you will see very little depreciation in the next few years. why not join us for a social and have a look arround other members cars--inspiration?
cheers mike

Well had too much on this weekend but did manage to give him a good wash & polish. Ain't it nice to clean a 10 yr old car and not have to stop every 10 secs to check for rust spots? And my, he's still a handsome fellow even with a couple of war wounds on the rear wheel arches.

It's going in for a service in ~3k and then I’m definitely going to get some FSDs. Perhaps have the guys look at the bushes, links etc during the service to see if anything else needs replacing at the same time. The only question I’m still dithering over is what springs? OEM, sport, SE, ABTs, Weitec, 30/0, 30/30 or combinations of the above.

Some great threads on this topic and my brain hurts after trying to consume them all in one sitting. Schnelletrecker in particular has such a wealth of valuable information.

And then I’ve got to start thinking about the 5th gear mod, a couple of aero tweeks maybe and I've not even started on the interior threads… Does it ever stop I wonder?

Will be keeping me eyes open for events around the southwest but I’m not sure a social would be a good idea as I may just end up with more cunning ideas on how to spend me money!!!

Andy B

Last edited:
Back