The first bump

trex

After owning my A2 for just 2 months and almost 4000 kilometers, today i was involved in my firs accident...:mad:
When i was going home from my workplace, a lady in a 90's Swift decided to test my rear wheel arch toughness by ignoring a STOP sign. By the time i noticed her car, her front bumper was already pushing against my rear left tire. Damage taken: alloy completely scratched and the wheel arch rim a few milimeters smaller (the edge of the arch looks like someone tried to sand it down).
Tomorow i'll take some pics and post them. In the meantime, does anyone know what material is the wheel arch made of?
Thanks.:(

Hi trex, sorry to hear about your accident.
The rear wheelarch rims are made of plastic. They are a separate part (£60 in the UK) so if it can't be repaired then it can be replaced without fitting a whole new side panel.
Not used it myself but the attached web site may be useful for checking out parts
http://www.vagcat.com/

Cheers Spike

silly b*tch!

I'm sure the A2 has 'invisibility paintwork' as I'm constantly being 'pulled out' on, it's like I'm not there!

bba

Long day...

I still haven't got the time to take a bloddy picture, but today i gave it a closer look, and the scratch is not that bad. There's no visible buckling so with a little paint i think it'll be ok. It' just that rim that makes me wonder how is the garage going to make it scratch free.:mad: Pretty tough car though, considering the Swift got a smashed front light, a smashed front fog light and it's bumper got so bashed it started to rub against the wheel.
Fingers crossed that i don't have any mechanical problems caused by the perpendicular impact on the wheel. Thank god there's no funny noise coming from there.
I modified a picture to see the damaged area. The edge is all scuffed.
Someone can confirm the material is plastic? Can it be repaired or it has to be changed?
I want to be prepared and ask the best course of action when i go to the stealers...:(

I still haven't got the time to take a bloddy picture, but today i gave it a closer look, and the scratch is not that bad. There's no visible buckling so with a little paint i think it'll be ok. It' just that rim that makes me wonder how is the garage going to make it scratch free.:mad: Pretty tough car though, considering the Swift got a smashed front light, a smashed front fog light and it's bumper got so bashed it started to rub against the wheel.
Fingers crossed that i don't have any mechanical problems caused by the perpendicular impact on the wheel. Thank god there's no funny noise coming from there.
I modified a picture to see the damaged area. The edge is all scuffed.
Someone can confirm the material is plastic? Can it be repaired or it has to be changed?
I want to be prepared and ask the best course of action when i go to the stealers...:(

Yes, it's plastic. Sorry to hear about your bump.

That picture is not my car. It's from one of the forum users, i just coloured the area where i have the damage. Hopefluly, tomorow i'll get my camera or phone out and take a shot.

Back