The Floppy Wiper Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.

abre

Has anyone else who has the new style wiper blade experienced the wiper section of the blade (rather than the aerofoil part) folding back near where the arm mounts, this results in the lower screen half part of the blade being in the correct possition for the end of a wipe when parked, but the upper section being in the up wipe possition. The result is a smear line right along the wipe of the screen, I find this a real pain as the line is directly in my eyeline. A dry wipe will sometimes cause the blade to flop back in to line, but this of course increases the chance of scratching the glass at this gritty time of year.

Andrew - 2003 1.4 TDI Silver Climate

Hi,

I have the floppy wiper. And I don't have that problem.
When the wiper is cold it doesn't wipe well and sometimes with strong wind it sorta floats over the water instead of wiping it.
But it doesn't bend or anything, maybe it needs to be replaced.

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

I am very happy with mine.

Some think I am genius,
Others just can't think...

Mine's OK, much better than the old one (no judder).

Audi A2 1.4SE
Build Wk40/2002 | OpenSky | Azure Blue | Climate | DIS | APS | Lumbar

Sorry about my englisch) Do you have him already? wat is it, en where can i find some more information about it. Or do you have some pictures?
Please any thing is welkom. In the Netherland is not for sale.
Please mail me? [email protected]
Thanks

quote:Originally posted by abre

Has anyone else who has the new style wiper blade experienced the wiper section of the blade (rather than the aerofoil part) folding back near where the arm mounts, this results in the lower screen half part of the blade being in the correct possition for the end of a wipe when parked, but the upper section being in the up wipe possition. The result is a smear line right along the wipe of the screen, I find this a real pain as the line is directly in my eyeline. A dry wipe will sometimes cause the blade to flop back in to line, but this of course increases the chance of scratching the glass at this gritty time of year.

Andrew - 2003 1.4 TDI Silver Climate

yes

The only reason for adopting the floppy wiper as far as I am concerned is that it is SIGNIFICANTLY quieter in 'the cruise' that the original design, which being of the school of design that brought us the Eiffel Tower and the Forth Rail Bridge was incredibly LOUD in the wind rush department. I think it was a 'govvy' job by a BMW designer as I have found their make to sufer a lot of wind noise at speed - and not just from flatulent passengers.

icon_smile_cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back