The project

Birchall

Dick Chown Award 2016
Hi,

I have held off for a while until the numbers build on this great thread.

But now that Mike (A2Sumo) has provided some great shots I can resist no longer

Side on.JPG
SMall meal.jpg
Air vents.jpg

Looks spot on, love the depth of those skirts and the wheels really suit, not to mention the flat bottom steering wheel :cool:

I think work on this project started about the same time i introduced myself to A2OC, it's been a pleasure watching it all come together. looks stunning:D:cool::D

Love it!

Theres only one little thing I'm not sure of... Steve will guess what it is!

Other than that, its perfect!

Last edited:
Steve,

Your base model starting point has heavily influenced my search for an A2, and may explain why I'm still looking! A double-DIN dash wouldn't have been on my radar otherwise.

Rear light cluster covers are a pet hate, so nothing more to say on that. The steering wheel was worth every penny. You've managed to create something pretty unique in a very short time period. Well done to all involved.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the kind comments (and the ones about the rear light covers)

As for them I have some plans for the rear lights using LED tubes inside the standard unit (if and when I get time)

If that "comes off" so will the covers!!

and yes it was a real team effort, not just with the work everyone did on it and help with the parts, but also for lots of helpful input from the forum members making suggestions and giving honest feedback!!

Steve B

I just HAD to add the amazing picture of the car posted by Sarah.
Both Sarah and Mike seem to have an "eye" for photography.
44fe88aab56994f22fc41f88dcd5f897.jpg

Steve B
And I still think that Mike's yellow storm is just about the best looking A2 I have seen.

Hi mr B .. really did enjoy looking at tour car and must admit i do like those covers .. like the way they break up the big lights on the back . Have found them on a site along with the fronts ones which i may also fit ... glad you like the picture ... you n sarah should have a chat sometime .... zippy

Looks really nice, have you removed the chrome wrap that was on the fog light surrounds? I think it looks better without.
Just a thought, I wonder how it would look if you had the service flap wraped chrome? Take the badge out then put it back once wraped obviously. Good be tacky could look really good with you other chrome bit.
Iv never liked chrome or too much of it at least but it really suits yours with the little touches you've made.

Good job

Rather than add another post for such a short reply I thought I'd edit it here
I like the chrome on the bonnet vent.

Thanks,

Scott

Last edited:
Looks really nice, have you removed the chrome wrap that was on the fog light surrounds? I think it looks better without.
Just a thought, I wonder how it would look if you had the service flap wraped chrome? Take the badge out then put it back once wraped obviously. Good be tacky could look really good with you other chrome bit.
Iv never liked chrome or too much of it at least but it really suits yours with the little touches you've made.

Good job

Hi Scott,

Yes I swapped the fog surrounds over to my wife's car when she wasn't looking.
I will probably do the same with the bonnet vent, I am liking the black again now.

I do have the stainless door strips on the bottom of each door, the tailgate badges are chrome and the wheels have polished highlights, so I am thinking that the balance is fine at the moment.

Thanks for the input and the suggestions, they are VERY welcome.

Steve B

Back