Chat The record continues!!!!

Birchall

Dick Chown Award 2016
My wife took her A2 for its MOT today and it passed with no advisories etc. and received a compliment about how good it was holding up (79,000 miles 2004)

The record that is continuing is that after 15 years of A2 owenrship with an average of 4 to 6 A2s in the family at any one time, we have never had an A2 fail the MOT.

In addition to that, we have yet to have a breakdown too! (apart from when we filled up with contaminated fuel once)

I now that sounds like I am tempting fate, but I don't believe in fate!!!

That record probably equates to a saving of many thousands of pounds over the 15 years in repair costs.

Another great feature of owning an A2.

Steve B

Last edited:
Good result Steve - a great endorsement of reliability and durability for all our A2,s !. :)

Hi Steve

Well done your A2s must have all been impeccably serviced and the MOT guy surely delighted at all those fees and brown envelopes to boot, nudge nudge blink blink indicator bulb gone, a wee advisory overlooked. lol

LOL,

This is also across 4 different MOT stations, for once I don't have to take my cars to a "friendly" MOT station, any MOT station that is close by when we need a test is fine.

They were all reasonably well mantained except for our oldest Daughter's, that one hasn't seen a service unless I happen to think on and persuade her.

So even the "neglected" A2 has passed every test!

Steve B

Hi Steve

I would not personally know of such going's on in MOT stations, but this year my son's A2 sailed it's MOT and would you believe the VOSA inspectors arrived just as the test was finishing and guess what, one of them wanted to by his car, do you think these guy's know something about these cars too.

Hi Steve

I would not personally know of such going's on in MOT stations, but this year my son's A2 sailed it's MOT and would you believe the VOSA inspectors arrived just as the test was finishing and guess what, one of them wanted to by his car, do you think these guy's know something about these cars too.

I think anyone who has had a really close look at an A2 (especially if they know about cars) would see that they are a little gem.

Steve B

Mines never let me down or failed an MOT either, I'm in two minds wearther to sell mine, I still drive it once a week or more, but I have a work van + a VW T5, I much prefer driving the A2, it's easy to park, although the T5 is lovely on motorways etc.

It only really costs me £300 a year in MOT & insurance & I could change the oil & filters myself if I wanted to save a bit more, it's just the storage is the biggest problem I have.

They really are fantastic cars.

Back