Thinking of 18" .......

Primea2

Hi all on this new sparking a2oc faclift forum. Well boys. the time his come...i feel the need for 18" wheels and wondering on your opinions?Yes its childish and yes its not needed but im young...an my girlfriend is intent on highlighting the fact that my "egg box" has small 16" SE wheels compared to her Corsa contending with 17" wolfrace's......i feel its my duty to all men driving A2's out there to not be content with female.corsa.17" wheel. defeat. I demand 18" (poss 17") PEOPLE OF A2OC RISE FOR MACHO'NESS!!!!!
(and yes I am aware that my message makes little grammatical sense)

mmm off topic

well we have the classic boys booze-up after football.....guy in green is my good friend zibby and next to the toilet in a bad way my other rather good chum "the G man" aka Garath....anyways, one topic suggestions?

Hello Primea2 and welcome.

If I were you, I wouldn't go for the 18" wheels, you'll create more trouble than it is worth.

Stick to 17" and you wont go far wrong, the car will hadle well and stick like the proverbial brown stuff to a woven fibre item!

Plus, you don't need to upstage her Corsa, you drive a far superior vehicle in the first place for Gods sake!!!!

So what kind of trouble would be associated with 18" im swaying towards 17" I think. Are your refering to classic larger wheel probs like rubbing and speedo havock?or suspention problems?by the way anyone running on the projekttwo A2 sport springs and having problems?

The main problem is that the wheels and tyres won't fit!

Yes, they'll physically bolt in place, but you won't be able to turn much and if you try it at speed, or whilst going over a bump, you could easily lose control of the car.

When I took my 17" wheels with standard 205/40 R17 tyres off to paint the calipers recently, I noticed that even they had rubbed the liners slightly! So, with 18", you will be in a world of pain.

Plus, you'll need some spacers as no 18s exist with the same offsets (unless you go for crappy quality after-market wheels) and you'll increase the costs of tyres when you come to replace them.

It really is your choice at the end of the day, but I'd stick with 17"s - you'll be far better off in the long run.

Mike

You can't go far wrong with the 17s from a sport for looks. They do get kurbed really easy and the ride with sports suspension is a matter of taste (I love it) but they look ace.

Hi everybody i'm Nemozis and i'm a French Guy so excuse my English.

I think that it will be difficult to put 18" wheels on an A2, i don't think that it was possible. Because my A2 is built on 17" wheel and it's already big, i'dont think that 18" wheels will be easy to assemble, it will be too big for ower little A2. Choose 17" it's already very good. :)
Look at mine !

has anyone got a spare 17" wheel or two

hi
dont suppose anyone is getting rid of some 17" audi rims
one of mine is no longer very round and as they are huge money to buy new

has anyone got a spare spoked audi 17"a2 wheels they dont need?

mine are rather curbed and a wobbly!

I'll blame the wife though! women and alloy wheels dont match!:rolleyes:

18" wheels

auto.html
that means youll be running solid tyres then.... mine are 45's and ive got no teeth left! you'll get metal fatigue!!!

but hey it could look cool.

are they not the same as the tt wheels ? as the new tt light weight has some lovely wheels that would look very carlos fandango on your a2!

Last edited:
18" wheels

that means youll be running solid tyres then.... mine are 45's and ive got no teeth left! you'll get metal fatigue!!!

but hey it could look cool.

are they not the same as the tt wheels ? as the new tt light weight has some lovely wheels that would look very carlos fandango on your a2!

7.5x17J??

Hay the wheels I want are 7.5 and the ET is 35 is it possable on the A2's wheel setup for this 17'' wheel?

Back