This is gonna hurt (my wallet)

Hi All,

Just wanted to say how good it is to see an old school forum still in use and helping each other out, rather than trolling or unhelpful comments on most FB pages.

The search bar is brilliant, especially for a newbie.

I have just bought a doer-upper for my son's first car but I'm already hooked.

These cars are awesome. Can't really believe I have not given them a second look in all these years. So clever.

Always had VW's, Audi's, beetles, golfs and have owned a 1959 splitty for nearly 30 yrs. Fun cars but with all old VW's, they rust.

I have already replaced serviceable items as the car had no history. And don't mind getting my hands dirty, they are not bad to work on really.....so far.

But apart from the essentials like fuel filters and oil changes, this forum is also making me look at cool mods like courtesy indicators, auto headlights and heated mirrors.

I have a long list of want's and its not even my car. 😄

If it was a 20yr old steel car I would be welding it up by now instead of looking for HID conversions, bluetooth headunit adaptors and DIS upgrades.🧐

so just to say "Hi" really and keep up the great work.

I am sure to own one for myself as soon as I get my son's car running sweet.

Attachments

• 305010703_914423079948184_4197354348254517897_n.jpg
    305010703_914423079948184_4197354348254517897_n.jpg
    469.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Welcome!!

Pictures are a mandatory requirement! (Not the Stoke silver one is it)?

Fitting an additional Earth is a great first move!

Welcome. Chech the front wishbones. If the car has pressed steel ones inspect them thoroughly because they can rot from inside out and break without warning which is very dangerous.

Back