those with TT alloys fitted

rhyd4

can someone please put some rear, side and front pics up so i can see how the TT wheels look on the A2.
i know they are 32 offset so are wider outwards than normal, just want to see how much before i buy tyres for the alloys i got, as i dont want to wast money when i find i dont like them
i trial fitted mine but was hard to tell as i still got big tyres on them from the TT, will be fitting 205/40/17's cheers

Don't put 205 40s on them - you'll end up with knackered wheels as the alloy structure was designed with 225/45 in mind.

Best stick to 215/40 or 205/45 if you don't mind no rim protection - that's what I have on mine and the ride is much better for it too.

Cheers,

Mike

PS Mine are not the 'normal' TT wheels, but the scalloped 6-arm design, commonly used on the Roadster.

Hi anyone here have or seen an A2 with the new style rs4 wheels (7 spoke split rims?) pictures would be nice. i'm thinking of putting 17's on. yeeeeeeah!

Skipton01 said:
Don't put 205 40s on them - you'll end up with knackered wheels as the alloy structure was designed with 225/45 in mind.

Best stick to 215/40 or 205/45 if you don't mind no rim protection - that's what I have on mine and the ride is much better for it too.

Cheers,

Mike

PS Mine are not the 'normal' TT wheels, but the scalloped 6-arm design, commonly used on the Roadster.
ok advise taken, yours are still the same diementions though diffrent wheels, 1i 32 offset which is what im concerned about.. can you give me pics when you get time, i know this is hard now with crimbo here but i will be much apriciated.

There are some pretty good photos of my wheel and tires in the gallery section, maybe not the exact front, side and rear shots you want, but good to go on for now.

Oh, and Tank's been lowered sonce then as well.

Cheers,

Mike

chucknaldo said:
Hi anyone here have or seen an A2 with the new style rs4 wheels (7 spoke split rims?) pictures would be nice. i'm thinking of putting 17's on. yeeeeeeah!
hi, I am thinking too. If I catch any photografy of that, I post it; please make you too.:)

Yessss just had them fitted and I'm very pleased with my new 17" rs4 wheels! Nice Toyo Proxes complete the package and can gladly say it improves on both the look and the handling of my lovely RS2!:p

Sorry about poor picture quality just have my crappy cameraphone at hand.

Last edited:
Look very good to me. They look like a later Audi style wheel, so I'm sure someone will post what model they are from or replicate.

toby1 said:
Look very good to me. They look like a later Audi style wheel, so I'm sure someone will post what model they are from or replicate.
They're the new style RS4 wheels and I agree, they look very nice indeed.

Cheers,

Mike

Yeah they're just cheapo replica wheels, the centre caps are a little darker than the real thing I think and the wheels don't recess in enough (right word?), maybe because they're 17" and the real version start from 18". I'm happy any way unless I curb them. :D

chucknaldo said:
Yeah they're just cheapo replica wheels, the centre caps are a little darker than the real thing I think and the wheels don't recess in enough (right word?), maybe because they're 17" and the real version start from 18". I'm happy any way unless I curb them. :D

I'm looking at getting a set for my g/f car and am wondering where did you get yours ? ebay ??

Cheers
JD

chucknaldo said:

how much were they?

is it poss to get them 18's? whats the correct offset, tyre size, etc to avoid getting any mod's to the arches, etc

Back