Thought I would say hello.

Squares

Hello!:)

My names Richard and I am looking to buy a A2 Tdi after someone suggested one to me. I am a massive petrol head and have owned lots of toys in the past, but a new job oppertunity in Newbury means I will be traveling a very long way each way, so need something that will be ultra ecconomical. - Step forward a A2 Tdi.:D I am quite excited as they are look like something a little different, and I really didn't want to go the dullsiville route.

I have already read lots of threads with great interest, especially retro fitting Cruise Control and remapping and I am just off now to take a look at the buyers guide.

I will be looking at earlier Tdi's I think, under the £4k mark. Can they handle really high milages? I hope so.:confused:

Thanks so far for all the good quailty threads and articles.

Regards,

Richard.:cool:

Welcome Richard and good luck with your search.

It isn't unreasonable to expect a well serviced and well looked after TDI to go beyond 200,000 miles without major engine work - so you shouldn't need to worry unduly; provided the service book and ownership checks tick the required boxes.

There is a wealth of information and experience on these pages and people will be only too willing to assist you.

If you find an example that you are interested in post a link; our regular buying and selling guru "Murdo" will no doubt put you right.

Good choice on your vehicle selection by the way... ;)

Darren

Last edited:
Good stuff, thanks for the info.

I am in Hertfordshire kind sir, if you would keep an extra eye out that would be great.:)

There is one for sale that looks ok on Autotrader but its a far way away in Manchester I think, I gave up traveling that far for an "unknown" car long ago...... Shame, as its only done 51k or something.:rolleyes:

There is one for sale that looks ok on Autotrader but its a far way away in Manchester I think, I gave up traveling that far for an "unknown" car long ago...... Shame, as its only done 51k or something.:rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum and good luck finding a car. Thanks very much to Darren for recommending me as the 'buying and selling' member on the forum! The A2 market is a hobby of mine over and above my love for wee Ada! :D
I post up any interesting or really good value A2's I see on the ' spotted' forum. Its a shame you wont travel to buy a car though. The A2 is a comparitively rare used commodity when you consider theres about 300 examples as opposed to thousands of the equivelantly priced Vauxhall/Ford etc. I'd really recommend casting the net wider to get a good car, but its your decision. Again, the very best of luck and you'll find plenty help here. ;)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! i would take Murdos advice seriously, an A2 TDi for under £4k is not the easiset find so be prepared to travel. If you ahve not already thought about specification make sure yiou buy a car with climate, otherwise any further options ( open sky, leather, Bose etc) are a bonus in my opinion.

Yes welcome to the site and good luck with your search, i had to travel to manchester for mine as there was none around in my local area

Cheers Phil

Back