Throbbing with windows down. Arrgghh...

Groot

A2OC Donor
Hi there.
Anyone found a way to defeat the awful throbbing resonance that occurs with the windows down? I was optimistic when I acquired my second A2, with its two extra electric windows in the rear, that I would find a combination of openings which would allow fresh-air motoring in comfort. But no luck so far. Aircon is great for stifling summers but this time of year I want to feel the breeze. Off to the south of France in three weeks....any ideas?
Groot!

PS Possibly my only gripe though!

Similar to ULP, I open both the rears a little and then one of the fronts.
Just remember how lucky you are to be able to do this from the comfort of the drivers seat - The rear electric windows were an option!

Ha ha! Talk about opening windows and we get the first rain in months. Thanks for you thoughts.....will test-out when the sun returns.
Groot

Aircon Economy

Thinking about aircon economy, how about this in hot weather: switch to recirculating mode. That way you keep the already cooled air in the car and the cooler is working much less. Need to toggle the recirc button regularly to let some fresh air in but this must represent quite an energy/mpg saving?
Groot!

Ah well, I don't feel that comfortable about super-cooling air and then instantly ejecting it out of the rear of the car at great velocity. Same as it is not a great idea to aircon a house with the windows open. Economically and environmentally dodgy!
Groot!

Some interesting points ULP and the recommended cabin cooling procedure seems sensible.

You mentioned the A2's very low CD (with windows closed) and it occurs to me that maybe the horrible throbbing with the windows open is actually because of this?? If so, I'd have to say it's a great feature!

Groot!

Back