Throttle body rest ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tactile

Does this apply to the A2............?

How to do a "Throttle Body Reset"

OK, before answering how to... this (apparently) is why... "if your car is driven for a long time without thrashing then it will limit the max throttle to 75% I believe. Reseting just gives you 100% again"
And this is how..
The Engine needs to be cold, so don't do this after a long drive or nothing will happen.
Turn the ignition on without actually starting the engine and wait for about 3 minutes.
Turn off the ignition and it's all done.

Very curious........I've no idea what the answer is, but I wonder how you test to see if your throttle body is limited to 75 or 100%?

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

Sorry I should have added this is what we do on TT's and wounder whether it is across the whole Audi range?

Diesel engines do not have a throttle. Engine speed is controlled by fuel quantity, consequently I suspect your answer is no you don't have to.

This only applies to petrol engines !!!! who mentioned diesels ?..................a combination of the throttle body reset and Optimax fuel has worked wounders on the wifes A2 FSI.It now pulls away crisply and very quickly different car altogether now. No need to go to the dealers, cheers guys for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back