Thule roof bars help.

thestable

Hi there.

Ive got some Thule roof bars which I’d like to use as I’ve got a bunch of stuff that needs recycling.

I’m sure they can be made to fit but just not sure what brackets to make them fit.

I’ve read that they will fit. But also been told it’s not possible. Any help to make them fit appreciated. I’m sure Thule didn’t make them for the A2. But you never know.
0891ef4007ed36d179ba9ec049ac4ec3.jpg

9f8e877e566934dee026f08e2fbc7d8d.jpg

446ade2db9e181976b949ac272e3c005.jpg

Thanks!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think you'd need to cut these to make them work - I do recall a guy on Youtube doing this on their A2

Hi - Thule did indeed make a fitting kit for the A2 kit 1195 but not sure it will fit the later style bars - designed for the type 480/750/754 older style feet kit but do some research they may fit yours
Cheers Dave

Last edited:
Hi there, Right so the 1195 is definitely the way to go... I might be able to get some fabricated. is there anyone out there that has a kit? AND more importantly is there any interest in having a kit if I can get them made? I should think that with a few people ordering them it might make the price worth doing...

I'd buy the 1195 also if I got the chance - I was looking for these already but it looks like Thule stopped making these a number of years ago.

I quite like the roof bars sticking out like that too long because they are handy for hanging stuff on when camping

I've just bought these Thule bars (advertised on FB Marketplace) for £80, and I've attached the instructions for kit 1195, showing the clamp (343) and the rubber foot (10). The bars are distinctly non-aero however.
Hope these may be of some help.
IMG_0640.jpg

Attachments

• Thule kit 1195 for A2.pdf
    386.2 KB · Views: 103
I'd buy a set as I'd like a backup to my current 1195 kitted wingbars. I'd be surprised if another kit didn't use very similar feet and clamps.

I'd buy a set as I'd like a backup to my current 1195 kitted wingbars. I'd be surprised if another kit didn't use very similar feet and clamps.
Try looking for Audi avant non roof bar late 100/earlyA6 because the roof is a very similar profile, note to self look in garage as I may still have the rack

Back