Chat Tme travel an a LWB A2

Allan S

Time travel and a LWB A2

If I had time travel I would go back and ask Audi to create a long wheel base version of the A2 with a nice big boot.

That would mean we would not have the need to have bought the French piece of junk, namely our C4 grand Picasso.

The damn thing has stupid error messages coming up about anti-pollution problems, the garage thinks an injector has failed (££££), this is at 40k miles.

My A2 at 156k miles has a broken fuel filler button, that's it, everything else works, engine fine, brakes fine, suspension fine.

C4 is on borrowed time, as soon as the baby is out of the pram and in a stroller it's gone, so not a keeper.

I plan to hand my A2 onto my son, he is 4, that's how long I expect it to last.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, so angry with French rubbish :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
totally agree allan.

what i would like to add also to the list would be AWD option and Automatic :)

my wife has a renault rx4, which is the worst car we've ever owned but my wife likes the space etc... which is understandable :/ with the ever list of problems occuring daily so far we have replaced a failed clutch, brake calipers and other parts. other lingering problems such as electrics and the hissing brake servo dont help my daily commute.

unfortunately for me im now driving this piece of $hit while my wife drives my a2. i must say having the a2 has been a saviour many times in terms of reliability but my wife and kids seem to have the touch of death as scratches seem to appear from nowhere inside and out.

it appears she likes to park so close to the kerbs that i have stone imbedded into the alloys :/ even when reversing and with reverse sensors she somehow manages to hit a wall...women should not drive cars!

the quicker i get another car the longer my a2 will last :)

cammy

Last edited:
Dunno why people feel the need for "big" cars. We survived with a Beetle with a roof box sometimes, and a Smart. We now survive with a Beetle and the A2. They boy is now 11. Only 1 though.

Chris

My a2 has been perfect! Every one said when we were having our first baby I'll need a bigger car! I said no chance! Then we had our second baby and they said you will have to now! Again I said no chance! My boys are aged 6 and 4 now and the a2 is still doing us proud! We've had push chairs and bikes in it, we've gone on camping holidays and we've always found space. We do have a roof box we use for holidays tho! And now we have a new addition in the shape of a doug de Bordeaux cross with a labrodour and the a2 still won't be going anywhere!

totally agree allan.

what i would like to add also to the list would be AWD option and Automatic :)

the quicker i get another car the longer my a2 will last :)

cammy

Hi Cammy

You could shoehorn a AUDI TT Quattro's Engine, Mechanicals & loom ect into an A2 , but you'd deffinantly be in need of a detune and speed limiter lmao.....

Gary

Hi Cammy

You could shoehorn a AUDI TT Quattro's Engine, Mechanicals & loom ect into an A2 , but you'd deffinantly be in need of a detune and speed limiter lmao.....

Gary

I think, I may have misheard, there is a guy in the club that has a 1.8T in an A2. He was at ADI last year on the club stand.

Chris

Correct - one of our members fitted the 1.8T petrol engine quite a few years ago - it's pretty happy to break traction at the front but otherwise goes pretty rapidly

Well today the garage that did the fix we had done in the first place stated their work carries no warranty (I would suggesting avoiding this garage at all costs, will name in due course)
Lucky for us our business is with the sales garage not the repair garage
The sales garage tried to suggest the issue was down to my wife thrashing the car, it's a 1.6 diesel C4 grand Picasso not a 911, you can't thrash it, it is way to slow
At this point my wife lost it and pointed she is a solicitor and started quoting chapter and verse of the sale and supply of goods act
The salesman said he would speak with his manager and come back to her by the end of the day
Yes the warranty was for 3 months and we are outside of that but the fault was reported within a week of purchase and there is a bit about reasonable period of time being 6 months (and lots of legal words.....)
Looking forward to the call back.

i look forward to hearing the garages next excuse and your wifes reply to that! hopefully she will tear him a new one :)

please name and shame the garage no need to wait!

just noticed that this was my 666th post :/

cammy

Last edited:
Back