To Buy or Not to Buy A4 Avant 2.0TDI Quattro

the guru

Hi folks.

I know this is an A2 forum but I'm seeking a spot of advice regarding an 07 Audi A4 Avant 2.0TDI Quattro. I need to buy a slightly bigger car for longer weeks away etc and though the A2 is good, I need more room for the crap my mrs insists on buying!!! The link to the actual car is here http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...cleYearOfManufacture=2007&vehicleRegLetter=07 and just want some general thoughts on whether it would be a good buy or to leave it alone. I've spoken to the dealer who says it is mint and was an Arnold Clarke company car and has full Audi Service History but I'm just a bit doubtful due to the high mileage of 72k. Would I be due any horrible surprises if I bought it? He says its due a cambelt at 80k which is about 2 years away with the mileage we do (we'd still have the A2 for general trips out). Generally I'm not that concerned abut high mileage on diesel cars but I'd just like some reassurance so if anyone has any knowledge of these motors or experience I would be very grateful.

Si :)

Lovely motor to drive, very well put together,classy and refined(for a diesel). Personally found the turbo very "old school" as in dead as a door nail until about 23000 rpm and then exploded into wheelspin which made it tricky pulling out from junctions in rush hour traffic. May have been a dodgy one or just me!

Back