Top marks Depronman!

Jeffers66

A2OC Donor
Whilst oop North at the weekend decided to call into see Paul for one of his Re-maps, very impressed by the difference in gearing/revs a great improvement over what I currently had,
I seriously recommend it to all who haven’t got it yet!
Previous to the remap I could not believe my luck as we pulled onto his drive, five minutes later the car was dead would not start but all lights on dash, turned out to be the dreaded earth strap behind the passenger headlight, a quick clean up from Paul and started on the button,
Dread to think it would’ve been a different outcome if we had pulled into a service station instead of Paul’s with no tools!!
Drove home the 300 odd miles faultlessly! Returning an average of 70.3mpg running on sports wheels and Dunlop’s
Top man Paul and a true gent!
Cheers Jeff

Last edited:
Whilst oop North at the weekend decided to call into see Paul for one of his Re-maps, very impressed by the difference in gearing/revs a great improvement over what I currently had,
I seriously recommend it to all who haven’t got it yet!
Previous to the remap I could not believe my luck as we pulled onto his drive, five minutes later the car was dead would not start but all lights on dash, turned out to be the dreaded earth strap behind the passenger headlight, a quick clean up from Paul and started on the button,
Dread to think it would’ve been a different outcome if we had pulled into a service station instead of Paul’s with no tools!!
Drove home the 300 odd miles faultlessly! Returning an average of 70.3mpg running on sports wheels and Dunlop’s
Top man Paul and a true gent!
Cheers Jeff
Hi Jeff,
Glad you are a happy Depronman remap user, very nice to put a face to the forum name.
Apologies I forgot to ever offer you a brew, I was busy with the mini engine rebuild right up to the point you arrived
Those are around the MPG figures that I would expect with the remap on a long motorway run, depends on speed obviously.

Cheers,
Paul

Greatly liking the sound of this ... I should have Paul's loan AMF ECU arriving shortly to try out on my car!

Found the way to my ECU this morning thanks to Paul's clear instructions, now I'll be able to do the swap in 2 minutes flat. Oh, and I'm now richer by the princely sum of £1.22 that was kicking around in the underfloor compartment - or I would be if I took the old-style £1 to the bank :D

I have to join in the endorsements in regard to the Depronman remap, it’s transformed my car and a recent 3 hour drive ‘oop north proved how good it was. Effortless, effective and efficient, I averaged close on 70mpg and I wasn’t hanging around. I think a Depronman sticker for the improved cars is a must!

Mine had the Depronman remap last Friday. The engine now seems to run a little more freely and feels slightly more eager. Certainly more power at the top end, but better still is the increase in torque - it now pulls cleanly from 1300rpm which it wouldn't before. Result - fewer gearchanges and I can change up 200rpm sooner.
Fuel consumption - I just filled up for the first time since the remap - 65.7mpg according to fuelly.com which is a bit better as the average of the previous 10 fill ups was 63.8mpg. I'll report again on fuel consumption at the next fill up - the display said 530 miles for the range so the next fill up may be some time off.
Id say no point in spending hundreds of £ for a custom remap unless you want 150bhp or something extreme - the Depronman remap does the job fine.

I have to join in the endorsements in regard to the Depronman remap, it’s transformed my car and a recent 3 hour drive ‘oop north proved how good it was. Effortless, effective and efficient, I averaged close on 70mpg and I wasn’t hanging around. I think a Depronman sticker for the improved cars is a must!
Now there is a thought, maybe a combination of the A2 forums logo and Depronman Remap, I might have a play in Photoshop

Greatly liking the sound of this ... I should have Paul's loan AMF ECU arriving shortly to try out on my car!

Found the way to my ECU this morning thanks to Paul's clear instructions, now I'll be able to do the swap in 2 minutes flat. Oh, and I'm now richer by the princely sum of £1.22 that was kicking around in the underfloor compartment - or I would be if I took the old-style £1 to the bank :D
I think over the years I've had over £10 out of the two hidden compartments on numerous A2's that I have owned :)
Kind of like the cars equivalent to looking down the back of the sofa

Loan ECU with remap installed this lunchtime.

First impressions: WOW ..... much smoother throughout the rev range, and a LOT more driveable. Right from pickup in 1st and from as little as 1200rpm in 2nd it feels solid & supportive, there's no hesitation or flatness. No need for more than a touch of throttle to pull off, and no longer do you need to change down to 1st if it's clear as you get to a give-way. In 3rd it will now trickle along fairly smoothly just above a residential 20-limit at about 1400rpm, and in 4th and 5th it's completely happy at 1600rpm, 35mph & 45mph respectively. These are engine speeds from which it will now pull, instantly and up surprisingly steep gradients. It feels really confident on a fast main road, and after slowing for motoway hazards there's no longer any need to change down to recover speed, from anything much over 50mph. And when you plant your right foot .... ye GODS does it go!! I gave up at 4000rpm/80mph in 4th as it was feeling too twitchy with the gusty side wind, but it pulled like a train all the way there.

Paul, so far this really feels a superb improvement. As per the thread title - top marks! :D

An update on the economy front.
On my one brim-to-brim tankful entirely on the factory map, which included a 65mph motorway run to Leicester and back, I got 58mpg dead.
On the next tankful, there was no long run, it still had the factory map on it for the first third of the mileage, and then I was finding out what Paul's map would do for about 30 miles before going back to my usual round. On this one I got 58.5mpg.
That says to me that the remap is definitely having a positive effect on the economy. And it's still so much more capable and flexible then it was before in normal driving. I love it!

Further economy update. 2nd fill up after being Depronmanned was also 65.7mpg, again slightly better than the earlier average of 63.8mpg. It's definitely smoother on the warm up from cold as well.

My 2nd fill on the remap included the same long run as on my one pre-remap tankful, and possibly more short running, and came out at 61mpg dead.

Back