Touch-up paint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audi produce touch up kits for all paint colours. The bugbear is that although the colour will match it will based upon my poor levels of skill still stand out a mile. I think the best bet is to employ someone like “Chipsaway”.

I agree - I think touch up paint will always show, chipsaway does a great job and it's not too expensive.

2001 TDI SE, Open Sky System, 16" six spoke alloys, Kenwood Mask CD.
A2 Owners Club: www.Audi-A2.co.uk
Have you signed up for the club social yet?

Touch up paint is about £4-50 from your local overpriced VW-Audi dealer. I bought some for my Dolphin Grey A2. It comes with lacquer. Depending on how careful you apply it you can get away with covering minor stone-chips and scratches (I use the end of a cocktail stick followed by a thin cutting compound when dry), but this is probably no substitute for a chip-away type repair. But then again these can cost quite a few £10s. The aim of the touch up paint is to hide any exposed primer if this is a different colour from the top-coat, or if the chip has gone through to the metal, to prevent any corrosion .. and yes Aluminium does corrode.

Tino
Dolphin Grey 1.4 SE

Halfords do a good set of touch-up pens. You get a pack of three-one to build up the chip, an actual paint pen with a very fine pointy brush and a pin-point applicator-and it is very pin-point (I don't know how the paint comes out!) and finally a clear lacquer. About £6/£7 pound. Works well and a good colour match.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back