Tour de France. Excited?

chb

Can't wait to be part of this, starting in my home town!
Anyone on here going to watch it.

Quote from a poster in Otley:

"The French believe they have the toughest summits. Our view: it's all downhill after Yorkshire"

Yes I shall be watching
I have booked a couple of days holiday off to watch them come through my home town, They will be holding the sprints in our high street..Can't wait! :)

You just beat me to it with the post as I was just about to write one.

Lots of excitement in Yorkshire. Roundabouts decorated with bicycles and baskets of French onions! Bunting everywhere made from knitted miniature yellow jerseys!

Going to watch from Haworth

Enjoy it if you get the chance to be near enough

Hilary

Stage 1 Sat 5 July
Leeds-Otley-Ilkley-Skipton-Dales-Ripon-Harrogate

Stage 2 Sun 6 July
York-Haworth-Peak District park-Sheffield-Knaresborough-Hebden Bridge-Huddersfield

Stage 3 Mon 7 July

Cambridge-Essex-London (sorry haven't looked at the route south of Yorkshire)

Excellent, thanks^. I've now found some info online.

Im thinking of Skipton, any idea what time the peloton will be down the high street?

Stage 3 Cambridge, Saffron Walden, Braintree, Chelmsford, Ongar, Epping, Woodford, Stratford, Tower of London, Canary Wharf, Houses of Parliament, Buckingham palace, The Mall

It literally goes past my house in Otley, unfortunately I have a tenant there so can't take advantage of a track side seat...... However.....I now live near Holmfirth so will hopefully see the riders tackling the Holme Moss climb.....! I was in Otley last week having driven in from Harewood and the decoration and yellow bicycles en-route look great.

Back