Tow bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to fit a tow bar to my 1.6FSI A2. Has anyone any experience of this? If a steel one is fitted to the aluminium chassis are there any corrosion problems due to dissimilar metals? Can anyone suggest makes types and suppliers.

Only an Audi one is suitable and only Audi can fit it due to the identified corrosion problem, I don't know if it can be done after the car is built, it can't on the other Audi models. It's a £500+ (ouch) option on a new Audi.

As posted early this year, one of my neighbours with an A2 had a Tow Bar retro-fitted on his 02 reg A2 about 6 month after purchasing new.
Below is the post I made at the time.

Hope it helps

Tikki

Spoken to the neighbour!

They took it to the local Sinclair Audi who said it couldn't be done.
In the end, Sinclair Audi in Swansea carried out the fitting. This is where the bodyshop of the Sinclair Group is located and I wonder if some special work or re-enforcing had to be done first?

Perhaps it's worth giving Sinclair Swansea a ring?
(01792 899000)

A2 1.4TDI SE - 108 BHP - Pine Green Pearlescent | Climate | Front Centre Armrest
TTC 225- Denim Blue with Blue Leather 6CD & Bose

Been thinking about doing the same for a while.
Phoned up dealer the other day( Swindon Audi ) and they checked with Audi UK who said no problem a tow bar can be fixed to any A2 that has Aircon(extra fan apparantly).
The dealer quoted £520 all in!
I'm thinking about it!

Double checked with another Audi dealer(never trust the first answer!)and exactly the same response.
It seems that the new towbar supplied parts dept is now retro-fit to all age of A2's.

Hope this helps a little and let us know how you get on.

Dorian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back