Towing thing at the back of the car

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoyoman

I do not know the name of it*(in English)[:I] but on page 24 of the European owners immage gallery there is a towing knob put on an A2 does anybody here know if this is a trick photo or if this can be realy done.
If this was possible it would be great for my holiday as we would than not have to use my van *(which I steal from my own company;))and could go camping with the Audi A2 whith a small trailer behind it.
Does anybody know if they really excist for an A2 or is this done with photo shop or some sort of optic trick??[?]

Jeff Huisman
2000 A2 petrol with alot off options :)

Jeff - Its no trick, but you cannot tow a caravan greater than 12 metres long. To the best of my knowledge though a tow bar can only be fitted to chassis on 2003 models.

Hi Jeff,
that's not a (optical) trick [:eek:)].
It is the brand new removable solution for the trailer knob with electrical connector by the ORIS company (Germany) for the AUDI serial manufacturing.
My A2 was ordered in September 2002 an I think, this is one of the first serial cars with this solution [8D][8D][8D].

At the aftersales market is in the moment not any possibility to by this technical solution.:(.
For this is necessary, to have an modification in the motor cooling system (german: Motor- Kühlung 2, Audi code 8Z6) and in the backside-alu frame (german: Anhängezugvorrichtung AUDI code 1D2).
So it is only aviable, if you by an new A2 car (model year 2003).

The maximum load on the trailer knob is 50 kg for trailers with active brakes up to 1000 kg complete weight. I will used the towing knob for an minibagger trailer in January an in the summer time for an leight weight caravan. I will give then some experiences from that.

For more questions, contact
ULRICH
"alu 2000"
at [email protected]

Alu2000
2003 1.4 SE cobalt-blue with all german packages (HighTech, Advance and Style), winter pack, ABT front design, removable trailer-dock, sport-seats, complete ISOFIX, space-floor-and multibox, OpenSky, GSM an so on ...

Thanks a lot all well we have to go on holiday than with our other car a fiat scudo minibus than as our audi is an 2000/2001 type.
But last year we had a terrific holiday with the other car as well.:)

Jeff Huisman
2000 A2 petrol with alot off options :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back