Track control arms

Currently looking to change my track control arms i have the cast type with the none detachable ball joint i was wondering what the part number would be and if there's just one option looking on ebay the prices seem to vary massively from £59 up to £130 mine is a 1.4 tdi 75.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Looks like theres 2 types wonder if thae two types are the cast ones and the pressed steel ones or two types of cast ones.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Look here as well https://www.a2oc.net/community/index.php?threads/check-your-front-suspension-arms-people.31963/

Diesels and petrol have different arms - I think it is the bushes that are different. Whilst the steel arms replaced the cast iron, many users of the steel are now fitting the cast ones as they are considered safer - the steel ones when rusted are known to have led to the suspension collapsing despite passing MOT.

As far as price is concerned, posters on the thread suggest the cheap ones are poor quality and not good value and some don't fit due to poor tollerances. Lemforder/TRW are recommended (see later postings in the above link).

Back