Traction in the wet

manhattan$

Past Member
I noticed today that the A2 does not really like wet road conditions. :(

Sitting at a roundabout waiting for the traffic lights to change, i realised i was in the wrong lane so i thought i would give the car a little boot to get into the other lane except all i got was the front wheels spinning due to lack of traction. I noticed that the traction light was flashing for a few seconds until it found some grip.

Could it be a combination of the light weight of the car and 17" rims?

It felt like it was on skates! :eek:

manhattan$ said:
I noticed today that the A2 does not really like wet road conditions. :(

Sitting at a roundabout waiting for the traffic lights to change, i realised i was in the wrong lane so i thought i would give the car a little boot to get into the other lane except all i got was the front wheels spinning due to lack of traction. I noticed that the traction light was flashing for a few seconds until it found some grip.

Could it be a combination of the light weight of the car and 17" rims?

It felt like it was on skates! :eek:
It's the light weight, the torque and possibly the 17" rims.

Tank will wheelspin quite happily in 3rd gear!

CHeers,

Mike

I had the same problem with eggbert, if I thought I needed a 'quickie' I used to turn TC off and off I scooted, with sooty my A4 I have never had the TC cut in at all no matter what the road conditions, a far heavier car making
Mike's comments true!
For those who are old enough to remember; Capri owners used to drive round with bags of sand in their boot - same problem too light a rear end = poor traction, unfortunately there isn't really anywhere to put bags of sand at the front of an A2 so you will have to live with it or drive round it like I did.
cheers
Mike

Back